SONY NW-A20 SERIES
Oct 21, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #121 of 430
  You're mistaken. The supplied IEM's are NOT EX750, but cheaper (1 mic instead of 2) NW750. I bought the EU version as well just because of them and I don't think it was worth it. :)

Sorry, they seem to look the same. I don't see where it's listed which ones are in this listing. They did drop it by $100, though. 

Also he has the A25 sold standalone for $230: [link]

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #122 of 430
The supplied NW750 have only 1 mic instead of 2 and no dedicated NC hardware, all is done in the player.
If sound quality of EX750 is equal to that of NW750 - I definitely would not pay that money for them, there are much better IEM's for that price.

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #123 of 430
  The supplied NW750 have only 1 mic instead of 2 and no dedicated NC hardware, all is done in the player.
If sound quality of EX750 is equal to that of NW750 - I definitely would not pay that money for them, there are much better IEM's for that price.

Yep, the 64GB version of this player is not a good deal IMO because of being forced to pay for the 'not very good' IEMs. 16GB with an SD card is the way to go. The player doesn't differentiate between what is on the card and what is on internal storage, so your library will be consolidated on the player.

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #124 of 430

Yep, the 64GB version of this player is not a good deal IMO because of being forced to pay for the 'not very good' IEMs. 16GB with an SD card is the way to go. The player doesn't differentiate between what is on the card and what is on internal storage, so your library will be consolidated on the player.

Does the speed of the system change depending on whether it's using the internal memory or microSD? Like the library build function. Is it faster with the itnernal memory when it's the same number of files? 

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #125 of 430

I will buy the NC Buds despite being inferior quality, just for traveling on noisy planes or going to the noisy work place plant

Oct 22, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #126 of 430

That is not entirely correct. It does differentiate between internal and SD if you're using Folders to navigate and not Albums/Artists - you have to choose either Internal or SD Card.
You also make that choice during uploading.

Does the speed of the system change depending on whether it's using the internal memory or microSD? Like the library build function. Is it faster with the itnernal memory when it's the same number of files? 

I have not seen a significant difference and library's build pretty quick (it took fresh new uploads of +/-40Gb on SD + 10Gb internal approx. 20-30 seconds) and it only happens every so often.

Oct 23, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #132 of 430

in this case, I see no reason to spend money on A20

If you already have A10 series, there is no significant upgrades on the A20

Jump to ZX100 instead if you don't mind the weight :D

I did that, and i'm loving my ZX100 a lot, soundtge opens more and more, i will reconsider a relisten to pinnock's Bach Harpsichord concertos but the pnes i have from the Hanssler classic are very damn good recorded

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #134 of 430
  That is not entirely correct. It does differentiate between internal and SD if you're using Folders to navigate and not Albums/Artists.

Aha, I did not know that. Thanks for pointing it out. I always search by Artist which is why I assumed the player didn't differentiate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back