SONY NW-A20 SERIES
Oct 26, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #136 of 430

That is not entirely correct. It does differentiate between internal and SD if you're using Folders to navigate and not Albums/Artists.

Aha, I did not know that. Thanks for pointing it out. I always search by Artist which is why I assumed the player didn't differentiate.

Using the music menu e.g All Songs, Artist, Album, Year, Genre, Bookmark lists uses both memories and it consolidates them into one list
Using the folder "browser" it does separate them into internal storage and SD card

Oct 26, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #137 of 430
  Using the music menu e.g All Songs, Artist, Album, Year, Genre, Bookmark lists uses both memories and it consolidates them into one list
Using the folder "browser" it does separate them into internal storage and SD card

Good to know. Still loving this DAP, although my friends think I'm nuts for buying 'an MP3 player' when I have a smartphone 
beyersmile.png

Oct 26, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #138 of 430
Good to know. Still loving this DAP, although my friends think I'm nuts for buying 'an MP3 player' when I have a smartphone 
beyersmile.png

Same for me LOL my coworkers call me audiphool and wierdo for having an "mp3 player" when there's spotify
gs1000.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #142 of 430
Does anyone know if this model supports gapless playback for .mp3 files (for my portable player, I tend to rip most discs to 320 mp3 so I can carry more with me). 

My understanding of the A10 series is this support was lacking for the A10 series, which was one of the few things that kept me from pulling the trigger on that player.

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #143 of 430
  Does anyone know if this model supports gapless playback for .mp3 files (for my portable player, I tend to rip most discs to 320 mp3 so I can carry more with me). 

My understanding of the A10 series is this support was lacking for the A10 series, which was one of the few things that kept me from pulling the trigger on that player.

Nope only in lossless RAW and lossless compressed

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #145 of 430
I noticed today that on the left, where the 'back' button is, the player is kind of creaky and squeaky under pressure. I find that very disappointing and indicative of poor build quality. If I press 'option' on the right, there's no sound or give. On the left, the player flexes and squeaks. It's disappointing but I can live with it since it sounds so good.

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #146 of 430
  I noticed today that on the left, where the 'back' button is, the player is kind of creaky and squeaky under pressure. I find that very disappointing and indicative of poor build quality. If I press 'option' on the right, there's no sound or give. On the left, the player flexes and squeaks. It's disappointing but I can live with it since it sounds so good.

same for my ZX100 i note it creaky on the option / PWR off and the BACK/ Home, something that I didn't note on my A17

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #148 of 430

I'd be far more upset about it if I'd paid for the ZX100 and not just the NW-A25!

Hope sony addresses this son next iteration.. for $600 i would have expected better button, D-PAD is fine just a slight wiggle on the metal plate, and a glass screen hm, my 2007 A818 had glass covered LCD and the buttons were nicier

Oct 30, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #150 of 430

Hope sony addresses this son next iteration.. for $600 i would have expected better button, D-PAD is fine just a slight wiggle on the metal plate, and a glass screen hm, my 2007 A818 had glass covered LCD and the buttons were nicier

Well, I suppose the sound is the most important thing!

yes at the end yes
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back