SONY NW-A20 SERIES
Oct 30, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #151 of 430

same for my ZX100 i note it creaky on the option / PWR off and the BACK/ Home, something that I didn't note on my A17

OMG.. i will check the unit here if they have the same problem with the button.. im not happy to hear that problem with a $600 product..

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #152 of 430
What's the deal with DSEE HX? Does it actually do anything? It seems to sound "better" with it enabled, but that may be a placebo. I know it hits the battery hard. Is it worth it?

Oct 31, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #153 of 430
  What's the deal with DSEE HX? Does it actually do anything? It seems to sound "better" with it enabled, but that may be a placebo. I know it hits the battery hard. Is it worth it?

for mp3 fils yes it sounds "better" i did a test by compressing a flac to 128kbps mp3 nand then recompress that to 96kbps mp3 again and it sounded like ****, i enabled the dsee HX and sounded like regular mp3 192kbps

but for flac it sounds artifical

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #154 of 430

for mp3 fils yes it sounds "better" i did a test by compressing a flac to 128kbps mp3 nand then recompress that to 96kbps mp3 again and it sounded like ****, i enabled the dsee HX and sounded like regular mp3 192kbps

but for flac it sounds artifical

Interesting. My files are all 256kbps AAC. I suppose I'll use DSEE HX and see how it drains the battery before deciding if it's worth it or not.

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #155 of 430
Interesting. My files are all 256kbps AAC. I suppose I'll use DSEE HX and see how it drains the battery before deciding if it's worth it or not.

For flac also claims upsampling to near "hi-res" quality LOL yeah sound some times better but often its artifical

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #157 of 430
  Damn I should have asked about gapless before buying this!
Might sell it now. I have lots of mixed albums so need galpless. 
Most are MP3 format.

plays gapless only w/lossless maybe you can convert those mp3 to flac and check?

Nov 2, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #158 of 430
This review criticized the gapless playback of the A15: 

http://headphoniaks.com/blog/sony-walkman-a15-analisis-tecnico-y-review/3/

from Spanish (Google translation): 

"As we also note, when using audio formats like WAV or FLAC, it has a significant jump between tracks of about 700ms (no matter whether or not you are changing the volume at the same time). Compared to 200ms of Fiio X1 and X3 or zero gap of DX50 / 90, Sony has work to do if he wants to live."

Nov 3, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #159 of 430
I will try out mp3 gapless today and convert a album to flac and then compare.
If I dont like then I will prob sell, coming from x3 first gen I like the sound but gapless is very important to me. Sony still have not fixed it. I remember the old players could not do it either. Its a joke SONY!

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #160 of 430
Hello there,

I'm looking for informations about NW-A25HN and NW-A27HN.

I've read this thread but I would like to be sure to understand well (my english is quite poor, I'm french :wink:)

I've got in fact 2 questions :

- I will probably use the included NC in-ear with it.Are they the same one's in A25HN and A27HN ? I've read in specifications about MDR-NW750N or MDR-NW750NE but i have no more informations. Does sommeone can say me more about it ?

- My second question is about something I've read somewere else (i don't remenber were). it was said that it was not possible to transfert files from CD (I'm talking about real audio CD's not downloaded music) onto the SD card but only on the internal memory ! Is it right ? can someone who has already one can confirm ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

(excuse me again for my poor english writing)

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #161 of 430

- My second question is about something I've read somewere else (i don't remenber were). it was said that it was not possible to transfert files from CD (I'm talking about real audio CD's not downloaded music) onto the SD card but only on the internal memory ! Is it right ? can someone who has already one can confirm ?

This is definitely not true. You can put flac or alac files you create from a physical CD on the SD card no problem.

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #162 of 430
  Hello there,

I'm looking for informations about NW-A25HN and NW-A27HN.

I've read this thread but I would like to be sure to understand well (my english is quite poor, I'm french :wink:)

I've got in fact 2 questions :

- I will probably use the included NC in-ear with it.Are they the same one's in A25HN and A27HN ? I've read in specifications about MDR-NW750N or MDR-NW750NE but i have no more informations. Does sommeone can say me more about it ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

(excuse me again for my poor english writing)

You can transfer CD quality FLAC or wav/AIFF tot he SD card but you must choose one or the other (internal or sd card one at a time)

for the ehadphones they are not actually the same as the walkman ones (MDR-NW750N or MDR-NW750NE) have only one mic for NC and the HN ones have two microphones

also  MDR-NW750NE is only sold in europe

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #163 of 430
I had recently received my A25 to replaced my Cowon D2+ with faulty touch screen. I'm not hearing what i used to hear on the Cowon, especially on the instrumental and vocal separation, instrumental seems muffled in the background. Just to check with you guys what EQ settings is the most commonly used?

Thanks.

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #164 of 430
  I had recently received my A25 to replaced my Cowon D2+ with faulty touch screen. I'm not hearing what i used to hear on the Cowon, especially on the instrumental and vocal separation, instrumental seems muffled in the background. Just to check with you guys what EQ settings is the most commonly used?

Thanks.

did you check the sound enhancements DSEE, ClearAudio, sound settings (EQ, VTP(Surround), ClearStereo) to OFF/None?

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #165 of 430
I'm still waiting for my a25, i had a cheap walkman E453 for about 5 years and was happy with it. Few months ago I got a cowon 10 and it has an amazing Soundstage, a lot of effects but still sounds not so natural (but far better than the E453). I hope the a25 sounds better than the cowon 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back