SONY NW-A20 SERIES
Oct 11, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #91 of 430

First i noted it went into small soundstage then opened and closed intermittently went to bassy mode and not clear highs but at te end i noted so clear, bigger soundstage than the fiio x3 I i had before, airy sound presentation.

Let's see with my upcoming ZX100 how it will change as it features other capactors in it

That's nice. I hope there is some improvement in the mids too. That is the only aspect I feel my A15 seems to be lacking right now. 

Oct 11, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #92 of 430
  I purchased my ZX100 via AccessoryJack (Hongkong) only said NW-ZX100 not HN, so no headphones?
frown.gif
 still intransit Fedex says is in Tenessee, USA (perhaps it already corssed mexico)

Yes, I would assume so, especially since headphones are not mentioned on the description page. 
If I were you, I'd double check with AJ. :frowning2:

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #93 of 430
One more thing: NC headphones, which are supplied with EU version:
- NC IEMs work (I never used NC headphones before)
- Sound quality of MDR-NW750NE sucks. I mean, it's still OK and probably better than cheap Sony earbuds, but compared to a pair of relatively inexpensive Hifiman RE-400i - Sony's much bassier, but also narrow and dull. So usage for the planes only, imo. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #96 of 430
Yeah. Checked the dimentions and its the same. Am just wondering if all the buttons are in thet same place or is there a differnce. All the cases am seeing is only for nwz17
they look similar in the picture, i think the sony website shows the dimensions on both and someone with both devices could confirm..

Oct 17, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #98 of 430

Thanks for posting. I hope it doesn't mean Sony is maneuvering itself for easy sell-offs if the time comes. There was already a suggestion a while back that they should do that with their PlayStation brand, even though it's one of their best selling. 

Also The Walkman Blog posted today that the A27 is for sale on Amazon.com: 

http://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/sony-walkman-a27-available-on-amazoncom.html

Oct 17, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #99 of 430
  Thanks for posting. I hope it doesn't mean Sony is maneuvering itself for easy sell-offs if the time comes. There was already a suggestion a while back that they should do that with their PlayStation brand, even though it's one of their best selling. 

http://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/sony-walkman-a27-available-on-amazoncom.html

That is REALLY expensive. I got my A25 for around $220 in Korea. I got the player AND the new matching MDR-100AAP for less than the price they want for the A27 plus less than stellar in-ears.

Oct 17, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #101 of 430

I panicked when my friend told me the news but HE told me SONY KILLED THE WALKMAN I was like mmphh what???? i was eating a donut and tought Oh thank god i have my remarkable walkman ZX100 uffff

Oct 18, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #102 of 430
  I panicked when my friend told me the news but HE told me SONY KILLED THE WALKMAN I was like mmphh what???? i was eating a donut and tought Oh thank god i have my remarkable walkman ZX100 uffff

They'd be crazy to kill the Walkman. That may be the #1 brand I think of with Sony, though perhaps TVs, stereo equipment and PlayStation should take equal part. But it's the earliest one I remember associating with the name (which was derived from the Latin, "sonus"). They still make transistor pocket radios, too.. 

Oct 18, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #103 of 430

That is REALLY expensive. I got my A25 for around $220 in Korea. I got the player AND the new matching MDR-100AAP for less than the price they want for the A27 plus less than stellar in-ears.

I thought so too, although this version, sold by a third party, is also including the NC earphones (MDR-EX750), which even at AccessoryJack go for $150. So really it's the same $300 + ~$200 (earphones), I think.

From the looks of the device (the A10 line) my first thought is that $300 is way too expensive. It doesn't look like a $300 device, but more like iPod Nano territory ($150), no more than $200 at least. I think they'd do better to drop the memory (if that's the expensive part) and have you buy microSD by default. But I think Sony prides themselves on providing a complete package that doesn't need other company's materials like that. 

At the very least the product should be set up so you choose what you buy: 1) base model only, 2) player + internal memory 16gb or 64gb, 3) player + internal memory + earphones. I don't know why it can't be simple like that. But in the U.S. they only sell the 64gb version of A17 and A10. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back