Sony NOW taking pre-orders for Nano Rival. (Solid Specs / Prices)
Mar 1, 2007 at 11:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

MiG(TM)

100+ Head-Fier
45E3E326BB970084000000002BC29B85.jpg

Meet the world's smallest, lightest video player*. This WALKMAN can play high quality videos, MP3's or flick through your photo album, plays contents downloaded from Internet, podcasts or simply from your camcorder to watch your home videos on the run. Packed with features, a high quality 2" LCD with user friendly interface so calling up your files is easy and multi-format support so even your AVC, MP4 or most other file types are just a drag-and-drop away.

High quality video on such a small screen? No problem, AVC Baseline refers to "Advanced Video Coding" is a video format that achieves vivid and high video quality. 4 'Clear Audio Technologies' are featured - the Digital Sound Enhancement Engine improves the degraded sound of compressed audio and restores high frequency range to reproduce natural sound close to the original source, Clear Bass reproduces bass sound quality without distortion, Clear Stereo LR prevents audio signal leaking from one channel to another, reproducing the clear stereo sound of the original source and 13.5 mm EX Headphones for added pure and live sound.

*among 2 inch screen digital music players and portable music players

More features:

* Plays approximately 60 hours of music or 15 hours of video
* 2.0 inch QVGA High Brightness Colour LCD (240 x 320 dots)
* Multi codec support (many formats supported)
* WM-PORT (22 pin connector that allows you to connect your WALKMAN to various kinds of optional accessories)
* Hi-Speed USB compatible (USB 2.0)
* Colour: black
* Dimensions: 43.8 x 88.0 x 9.1 mm (the thinnest section is 8.3mm)
* Weight: approximately 53 g
* Supplied accessories: headphones (MDR-EX082), headphone exention cable, USB cable, software (SonicStage CP 4.3, Image Coverter 3), quick start guide (full instruction manual is included on the CD-ROM)

Prices:

£149.99 for 4GB
£119.99 for 2GB

ME WANTS!!!!!!

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #2 of 52
Certainly piques my interest. As always, I'll let someone take the first step before considering blowing my money on these. All I ask for is that it has better battery life than my HD3, still has gapless playback (preferably not limited to ATRAC). And is this available in 8GB?

EDIT: yes 2,4 and 8GB models

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #3 of 52
My biases against Sony (who tend to p*ss on people, small gaming companies and their reputation as much as possible) aside, this doesn't seem to hold much of a candle to the nano in terms of what is preferred by the average consumer. It doesn't sport a simpler looking button set, only 4 gb of space for video is a joke rather than a completely useful feature. I haven't read anywhere that it supports gapless and it doesn't seem to have as nice a build as the nano, its case seemingly made of plastic.

But apart from that, it has great battery length, apparently reproduces music close to its original recording and has that cool Walkman symbol on it..

Unfortunately these are strengths the average consumer does not hold as a priority, my opinion being derived from the reasonns of the iPod's popularity.

Finally, I'd buy it if it had 8gb of space and gapless or even better was a hard drive DAP with a bigger screen.

Mar 2, 2007 at 10:04 AM Post #4 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluey_02 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My biases against Sony (who tend to p*ss on people, small gaming companies and their reputation as much as possible) aside, this doesn't seem to hold much of a candle to the nano in terms of what is preferred by the average consumer. It doesn't sport a simpler looking button set, only 4 gb of space for video is a joke rather than a completely useful feature. I haven't read anywhere that it supports gapless and it doesn't seem to have as nice a build as the nano, its case seemingly made of plastic.

But apart from that, it has great battery length, apparently reproduces music close to its original recording and has that cool Walkman symbol on it..

Unfortunately these are strengths the average consumer does not hold as a priority, my opinion being derived from the reasonns of the iPod's popularity.

Finally, I'd buy it if it had 8gb of space and gapless or even better was a hard drive DAP with a bigger screen.

Good Sources have told me that Sony are indeed planning a bigger version of this, e.g. 30GB.. bigger screen and all that cobblers... which should be here before the end of the year.

The device i posted will have gapless, and there is an 8GB model to be available, sony just haven't put it on there website yet...
blink.gif

o, and the device will be built like a tank, Sony's MP3 Build Quality and overall look has been one of the best imo, there media photos never give the players any justice..

Mar 2, 2007 at 10:48 AM Post #5 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by MiG™ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Meet the world's smallest, lightest video player*. This WALKMAN can play high quality videos, MP3's or flick through your photo album, plays contents downloaded from Internet, podcasts or simply from your camcorder to watch your home videos on the run. Packed with features, a high quality 2" LCD with user friendly interface so calling up your files is easy and multi-format support so even your AVC, MP4 or most other file types are just a drag-and-drop away.

FOR REAL?

Mar 2, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by vulc4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
suuuuure. Drag and drop right into sonic stage I bet.
biggrin.gif

video is drag n drop.. music, however is not.. and requires sonic stage...

some pics of this beauty:

407054442_3d80449bd8.jpg

407054451_40ccde2c8c.jpg

407013884_d5c1071b1e.jpg

O, it supports ATRAC LOSSLESS...

I'm buying one of these bad boys... for definate... !!!!!!

Mar 2, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #9 of 52
I don't know, it looks ugly to me, lol.

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #10 of 52
The white one is sexy as all hell. I'd get it if it had gapless, real drag and drop and was a decent price. But I doubt it has those... So the D2 will get my money!

Mar 2, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #13 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by MiG™ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
video is drag n drop.. music, however is not.. and requires sonic stage...

Until Sony ditches sonicstage, it will never get an iPod killed. Never.

Apart from that, this looks pretty cool! It doesn't really introduce any new features though... A simple Samsung YP-T9 can do all of these features already, and doesnt require sonicstage.

"Clear Stereo LR prevents audio signal leaking from one channel to another"... Doesn't crossfeed do the exact opposite of that?

Mar 2, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #15 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wasn't there already a thread about this thing recently?
i think its ugly too. lol.
especially with those option and back buttons...

oh no not another sonicstage discussion..

Shame! That pink is super special awesome!

Anyways, SS will screw Sony over for the.... 11th time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back