1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony MDR-Z1R In classical music

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by SONYES, Aug 22, 2017.
Tags:
?

IS Sony MDR-Z1R suitable for classical music

1. SONY FOR classical music

65.1%
  2. classical music IS NOT FOR Sony MDR-Z1R

34.9%
  3. AND WAY ...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last
  1. MozartMan1201
    If you love classical music and opera, go with AKG's flagship K812. HD800 may have more bass but cannot hold a wick to K812's lifelike details and clarity. K812 gives you front row seats in a concert (great for chamber music!), while HD800 puts you in Row P-W. I personally prefer the closer soundstage, and have owned AKG's for 30+ years of happy classical music listening. The K812 just puts a smile on my face every time.

I plan to audition the Sony Z1R soon and will post my impressions. I need a closed-back can for the bedroom.

SONYES likes this.
  2. MacedonianHero Contributor
    FWIW, I think the K812 has more bass than the HD800. As far as closed headphones go, the Z1Rs are one of my top picks! Love my pair!

SONYES likes this.
  3. phaeton70
    MacedonianHero, how would you compare the Sony Z1R to the Denon DH7200 ?? I'm intrested in knowing your opinion since I've found that many times I'm consistently aligned with your audio-sensations

4. SONYES
    Hello
    Since I have a lot of experience with the HD800
    And now the ZIR
    The width of the stage depth and height is very impressive with the Z1R
    Very close to the HD800

With all my reference discs on this subject.
    Shostakovich Symphony No. 5 Bernard Hitnik with DECCA
    Or Bernstein conducts Mahler's Symphony No. 4 of SONY 1960
    This is just some examples.

I can say with certainty that the Z1R has this wonderful ability. 3D

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  5. MacedonianHero Contributor
    I got to hear the D7200s a month ago and really liked them. I'm so glad that Denon went back and corrected the blunder that was the DH7100. That said, the Z1Rs offer a substantially improved sound stage, better defined bass, more up front mids and a smoother overall presentation.

6. phaeton70
    thanks!! :)

MacedonianHero likes this.
  7. MacedonianHero Contributor
    No worries. :)

8. ervin192
    Well looks we've need to continually switch to another z1r thread:upside_down:

9. Whitigir
    Honestly, I have never seen such diversity on such headphones and that so many threads being locked....and people still moving on to share experiences about it. The Z1R May be the only one that set such records

Sp12er3 and Witcher like this.
  10. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Funny how it's just a limited number of members who cause this? :wink:

Sp12er3, Fifty five and Whitigir like this.
  11. Whitigir
    And such members are also setting such records of not being under the Mjonir Hammer yet. :D.

12. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Agreed.

13. Sp12er3
    Did that just happen again!? Haha dude~ some people just need to chill... I've followed the OG thread since it start and it is the 2nd jump now...

14. gerelmx1986
    Resurrect from the dead :D

Soon I will get a pair of MDR-Z1R's my self. Like @SONYES i listen exclusively to classical music and have some decent Hi-res albums, roughly 4% of my collection rest 96% is CD quality flac

15. ervin192
    After listening to the Z7M2 I actually wish there's something that could combine the open atmosphere of the Z7M2 and the Z1R sound. The Z1R atmosphere is overwhelming at times and then you face a sudden "disappearance" of the soundstage; that feeling is tricky. Also the foam inside the Z1R earpads seem too soft for me so they stick to my cheeks like I can't get rid of them.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last