Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones
Jan 18, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #361 of 644
Ok, I just finished all the mods Bill-P posted. Definitely a difference for the better but bass was just a little low for my taste so I went back in and took out the plug in the one side of the bass ports and wow. The mids and highs come alive like the mk2'S but with slight better bass, bass is more controlled. With bass boost on is definitely strong but controlled. I still use EQ to customize the sound. Excellent Mod Bill-P.

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #366 of 644
Without this mod it's like the mids and highs are trying to break through this muffled long narrow cave, with the mods the cave gets wider and shorter. I'm trying to describe the difference as best I can :) These sound Better then the Mk2'S I had, there you go. Punchy tight bass, perfect mids and highs, bass doesn't over power the mids or highs. This is the way it should have been sold to us. This is the sound I was trying to get out of my Mk2'S but with out the decrease in volume when using my EQ.

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #367 of 644
Ok, I just finished all the mods Bill-P posted. Definitely a difference for the better but bass was just a little low for my taste so I went back in and took out the plug in the one side of the bass ports and wow. The mids and highs come alive like the mk2'S but with slight better bass, bass is more controlled. With bass boost on is definitely strong but controlled. I still use EQ to customize the sound. Excellent Mod Bill-P.

Can you post a picture?
I don't understand what you mean with "in the one side of the bass port"...
A picture will help.

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #368 of 644
Oh Wow, good to see alternatives working! Dynamat for what it is isn't cheap! I almost went with this blue stuff from office depot as an alternative instead of waiting got Amazon but figured i could use some dynamat for the home subwoofer.

Which headphone is the mk2? Another Sony?

Yea it's like I have a new set of cans here. I used cotton balls for the fill and multi layers of duct tape in place of the dynomat. I went with stuff I already had.

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #369 of 644
Go to page 14 and look at the 15th picture Bill-P posted. Look at the bass port. He fills one side with dynamat. I did that and listened to it, then I went back and took it out. I'm enjoying them much more without the plug. Everyone has different preferences. Try both out.

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #371 of 644
I guess I'm waiting on the Sonys then. 
bigsmile_face.gif
 I'll do the mods if they make such a difference.

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #373 of 644
Yea $99 was a steal. I gave the second pair of 950bt's to my nephew for christmas and he was estatic. My brother inlaw who has the Beats studios was there and admitted that these sound better then his beat studios. I let then listen to my Note 4 with the EQ setting from my set of 950's and it was funny how they wanted to keep listening to diffrent tracks to see the diffrence.

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #374 of 644

someone should compile the mods for the "front" page...

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #375 of 644
  someone should compile the mods for the "front" page...

+100

Also guys the wired version of this headphone is currently on sale. I found this deal through the Deals Discussion thread but I don't know how legit the site is. If anyone cares to comment that'd be great. I'm thinking of picking up a wired set: XB950AP
http://www.ncixus.com/promo/subpromosale.php?webid=1216

Users who are viewing this thread

Back