Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones
Mar 22, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #391 of 644
  Whoever wrote that, should have his hands cut.
It is a pure LIE.
Unless you Mod the XB950 (I did not try) they are vastly inferior to both those two.
And so I more than sure also to the MK2 (which I did not test but it is known to be better then the Mk1).

Besides, the XB950 is NOT a normal headphone. You do not buy that for your wife unless she is a fanatic of Dubstep.
And the change from the HKBT will be a shock.

I would suggest you the Jlab Omni, they are cheap and sturdy and sound good and almost identical to the HKBT.
Or the Jabra Revo Wireless.
Or the Supertooth Freedom.
I have lot of suggestions but you did not say which music she listen to, which tastes on sound does she have (bass, mids, highs, soundstage) how picky is she with comfort, if she prefer on or over ear, if she needs something portable or not, which sources does she use (Aptx? AAC?). etc...

Well, I read it in this forum, and I read  it TWICE  too. It stated the XB950BT was better then the Sony 10RBT and 1RBT.. Never had the 1RBT, but I did have the 10RBT, and that was a nice headphone for the $150 I paid for it new.

On the ones you suggest over the XB950BT, which ones have aptx?

The Jlab Omni would be perfect. I like the price too.

This is a quest to keep my wife from even looking at and asking to use any of the 3  headphones I have in my sig..
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #392 of 644

Well, I read it in this forum, and I read  it TWICE  too.
On the ones you suggest over the XB950BT, which ones have aptx?

Then I hope that I did not write that.
I did not like the MDR-10 so I may have said something like that in an impulsive temperamental explosion, but thinking it well the MDR-10 sound much better apart for the fact that I had this impression that the Soundstage was projected on the back of my head.
But the balance was much better and although the bass was no near as powerful, it was good.

Apart for the Revo, all those have Aptx, so the Jlab too.
I think you go well with them if she likes the HK. But if she wants something with a more lively, fresh sound, and she may like the glossy plastic of the Supertooth (it also comes in white I think) those would be better.

Ah, the Pendulumic Stance S1+.
They sound amazing (IF you do not boost the Bass with EQ). Very comfortable. If she like the headband and strange look of the HK, she could like these.
The sound is warm, nice, soft, clean, with good soundstage. A mix of the HK and the Supertooth.

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #395 of 644
It's about 4cm horizontal inside the ear cup.

Apr 24, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #396 of 644
Picked a refurbed pair for super cheap. Right out of the gate these sound pretty bad. But, with some simple eq to the treble, they actually sound really good. 

Still I'm going to try and mod them. Don't have much to lose.

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #397 of 644
Done the mod. It does help balance up the treble.. Have fun and enjoy the process of modding..

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #399 of 644
Hi, great forum! My first post from Argentina. Sorry for my english. Someone else listen a phisical clicking sound on the left cup (HF on or off) when walking fast (or staircases). After disassembled i found out it were the two little clear plastic that route the power and bass boost leds from the pcb to the cup. They have some room to move... If I take them off there is no more clicking sound. The leds are still visibles but much more subtle, maybe too much.. My hf is faulty or is just designed that way. Solution?

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #400 of 644
Hey guys I just got a set of these today and im actually really enjoying them. However...I want to use these headphone on my computer, the problem I am experiencing is that the headphone port on the headphones will only really accommodate the sony cable that came with the headphones, rather than the 4m headphone cable I already have, which plugs into my amp via its 1/4" adapter.My cable, and the 1 other I have found so far do not work on these headphones because the port on the headphones is slightly recessed meaning my cable cannot make a good connection as It cannot push in far enough.

Has anyone found a decent length cable that is able to be used with these? My PC doesn't sit close to where I sit so the 1.3m cable that comes with the headphones aren't helpful. 

Ideally I'd like to be wired to the PC for maximum audio quality, but possibly if you can recommend a decent BT adaptor to use with these I may also consider too.

Any help would be much appreciated as these cans are near perfect for me otherwise :)

Apr 29, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #401 of 644
Maybe you could use a female to female adpater (like this http://www.amazon.com/CableWholesale-Stereo-Coupler-Female-30ST-STFF/dp/B000I963FE). You could also try to mod your 4m cable jack to make it thinner. But that depends on your cable jack.
Did your read my question? Could you see if your headphones also have that physical clicking sound on the left cup (headphones on or off, dosent matter) when walking fast (or staircases). Or just if you shake that cup near your ear. After disassembled i found out the two little clear plastic that route the power and bass boost leds from the pcb to the cup have some room to move... If I take them off there is no more clicking sound. The leds are still visibles but much more subtle, maybe too much.. My headphones are faulty or just designed that way. Solution?

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #402 of 644
After taking my headphone apart I did saw those two clear plastic bits you were talking about. However, mine was not lose when the headphone was assembled back. I suppose there is some molding in the headphone casing that holds them down. Alternatively, you can use some clear double sided tape to stick yours to the PCB board so they do not bounce around...

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #403 of 644
Thanks for the suggestions diegom22, yep my left ear cup rattles like this too. I haven't even looked into how to disassemble these things yet lol Now you've made me want to stop the rattle haha

May 2, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #404 of 644
Im wondering about the wired version of this i.e. XB950APs, If they dont have bassboost button, what is the quantity and quality of bass on these? Im confused between these, momentums, ath ws77 and crossfade LPs. Can some one compare these headphones guys? I like bass VERY much, bt also dont want to sacrifice the other freq spectrum as well. plz guide me.

May 5, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #405 of 644
Im wondering about the wired version of this i.e. XB950APs, If they dont have bassboost button, what is the quantity and quality of bass on these? Im confused between these, momentums, ath ws77 and crossfade LPs. Can some one compare these headphones guys? I like bass VERY much, bt also dont want to sacrifice the other freq spectrum as well. plz guide me.

Hi there I owned the xb950bt for a whil and used them during the winter. I also tried out the AP version.

Beside the obvious wireless capability, the only difference is the Bass Boost function on the BT, which frankly distorts the bass. It can be fun for a bit, but for the most part I'd want it off to get more define punchier bass.

The AP I found cleaner overall. The BT can be used in a wired configuration as well, but even then I think the AP sound just a bit better and is cheaper.

Very bassy headphones. Pretty enjoyable. They have much more bass than the momentums. If you use a some EQ bring up the treble and they'll sound more neutral. Out of the box they are good for bass genres of music.

I sold mine as ultimately, I prefer the resolution of my higher end cans. If you can find a Denon AH-D600 for a good price, grab that. It is frickin awesome for bass, comfort, easy to drive, and works with a wide range of genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back