Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones
Aug 26, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #452 of 644
I've got the 950bt and the 950 (wired). In my opinion, it's best to get the wired version of these as they sound clearer and go louder. It's a pity that the bass boost function is turned off on the bluetooth version when connected with the wire. I'd only recommend the wireless version only if you really must have that feature.

Aug 26, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #453 of 644
I've got the 950bt and the 950 (wired). In my opinion, it's best to get the wired version of these as they sound clearer and go louder.

Thanks for comparing these two headphones. I would like to know how the sound if the 950BT is if you use him wired, comparing with the wired 950. Can you hear a difference when you use them both with cord?

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #454 of 644
If you plug the 950bt in with the wire it sounds good with better clarity but the base isn't as heavy as the 950 (wired) headphone. Sony decided to disable the bass boost on the wired 950bt connection.

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #456 of 644
If you plug the 950bt in with the wire it sounds good with better clarity but the base isn't as heavy as the 950 (wired) headphone. Sony decided to disable the bass boost on the wired 950bt connection.

There's only bass boost in Bluetooth mode because the sound is processed through the Bluetooth electronics vs directly.

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #457 of 644
Got these yesterday 1st pair of over ear headphones I've purchased was super impressed at the volume I can get too before it leaks out and others hear BUT i got that clicky sound in the left cup so annoying had to contact Amazon and they are sending a replacement. Are all pairs like it or only the odd pair? Wondered if I should of got a refund instead as I don't think I could open up and tinker.

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #458 of 644
Got these yesterday 1st pair of over ear headphones I've purchased was super impressed at the volume I can get too before it leaks out and others hear BUT i got that clicky sound in the left cup so annoying had to contact Amazon and they are sending a replacement. Are all pairs like it or only the odd pair? Wondered if I should of got a refund instead as I don't think I could open up and tinker.

No clicking sounds here. Hope the next pair are OK.

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #459 of 644
I'm new but just thought I'd share on my experience with the XB950BTs. I don't know if I'm the only one but the sound quality seems to be better in BT mode compared to wired mode. Everything sounds clouded/congested and thick when I had it wired. In BT mode, the clarity and airiness was much better. I've been using mine for almost a week and I'm impressed that I am able to listen to contemporary (and even audiophile) music with "more than decent" sound quality. This thing really sings with hiphop/techno/wrap music and that's to be expected. What I was pleasantly surprised to find is that the bass isn't flabby or bloated but punchy and weighty. What seems lacking in the treble and mids were remedied with careful use of EQ software, which could turn a "fun" sound signature into a pretty decent reproduction of contemporary music. I must say I was actually surprised that I could use this for Diana Krall and Jack Johnson as much as I bought it solely for listening to pop/rock/techno beats. I have a Seinheisser and the volume was anaemic compared to these when plugged into my mobile phone/tablet, I'm guessing that the "bass boost" boosts more than just the bass but the overall volume.

Sep 7, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #460 of 644
I use these headphones for watching movies/TV shows/anime through my PC over bluetooth. Great for that purpose. 

For music they are just OK... a little too bassy for my liking and mids/highs kind of sucked out.

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #461 of 644
Picked up a pair today at BestBuy on sale for $149.99 and as much as I like the bass signature, I got tired of it within an hour of listening. I had the same experience with the Beats Studio 2.0 wireless. And this was without the bass boost turned on. I listen to mostly jazz and r&b and after a bit of time you need to stop listening because you feel tired. Yes, physically tired.

I will be returning them.

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #463 of 644
Bought XB950BT 1 month ago and can't take them off, good thing the battery last 20 hours, I never manage to end it but got really close on some days.

The only downside is that when I'm using the MIC on games, the sound is played trough the hands-free interface, which has a pretty bad sound, in CS:GO for example I can't hear the bomb nor the footsteps, which are a big disvantage. I've tried everywhere but it's difficult to search for such a thing, can anyone point me in a direction to use the mic of the headset yet still use the APT-X to play the sound on these headphones?

I've managed to get the sound to play on both, or to get the MIC going and the sound going to the STEREO mode, but the headset plays only the sound when the MIC is turned off - to get good sound in-game I need to disable the microphone in windows setting before launching it, if I launch it then the headset goes to handsfree mode and doesn't get out untill I turn it off/on.

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #464 of 644
  Bought XB950BT 1 month ago and can't take them off, good thing the battery last 20 hours, I never manage to end it but got really close on some days.

The only downside is that when I'm using the MIC on games, the sound is played trough the hands-free interface, which has a pretty bad sound, in CS:GO for example I can't hear the bomb nor the footsteps, which are a big disvantage. I've tried everywhere but it's difficult to search for such a thing, can anyone point me in a direction to use the mic of the headset yet still use the APT-X to play the sound on these headphones?

I've managed to get the sound to play on both, or to get the MIC going and the sound going to the STEREO mode, but the headset plays only the sound when the MIC is turned off - to get good sound in-game I need to disable the microphone in windows setting before launching it, if I launch it then the headset goes to handsfree mode and doesn't get out untill I turn it off

I have the 950bt's also. I have a Sound Blaster Recon 3Di software which sounds nice. Look into installing that on your pc. It has a setting that's called "Scout Mode" "This proprietary technology allows you to hear your enemies from further away (footsteps and voices) giving you a distint tactical advantage in combat". I copied the description straight of the software haha. Works good tho!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back