Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones
Jul 26, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #436 of 644
Thanks for the reply! That seems like good advice to me! Thanks for the insight on the characteristiscs of the Momentums too, I wasn't sure about them. I'll head out to my local Best Buy ASAP. Definitrly leaning more towards the Sonys. Take care, good fellow! :)

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #437 of 644
Thanks for the reply! That seems like good advice to me! Thanks for the insight on the characteristiscs of the Momentums too, I wasn't sure about them. I'll head out to my local Best Buy ASAP. Definitrly leaning more towards the Sonys. Take care, good fellow! :)

Just fyi, without eq the Sony's can sound overly warm. If you get the non BT version you won't get the bass boost button either, but you can still eq the same effect.

As always, comes down to preference.

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #438 of 644
Thanks for the heads-up. I was thinking about this earlier. Would it make sense to have 2 separate EQ settings, one for when I have the bass boost button off and one for when it's on? I was thinking that way, I can increase my flexibility with headphones better because I will have better balance and more neutrality when the electronic bass boost is off (more for listening to rock and watching videos on Youtube), and then have seriously good sounding bass for listening to my favorite dubstep when I turn on the electronic bass boost. Any pointers for that idea? Perhaps it's just better to EQ the headset without the electronic bass boost and just ignore that button all together? Is it just plain a bad idea? Part of this will definitely be trying it for myself, but I'd at least like to hear opinions for the conceptual end of this. Another thing really quick: is amplifying this headset recommended? I didn't get much of an impression on that topic when reading through this thread. Thank you very much for your input so far! :)

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #439 of 644
Thanks for the heads-up. I was thinking about this earlier. Would it make sense to have 2 separate EQ settings, one for when I have the bass boost button off and one for when it's on? I was thinking that way, I can increase my flexibility with headphones better because I will have better balance and more neutrality when the electronic bass boost is off (more for listening to rock and watching videos on Youtube), and then have seriously good sounding bass for listening to my favorite dubstep when I turn on the electronic bass boost. Any pointers for that idea? Perhaps it's just better to EQ the headset without the electronic bass boost and just ignore that button all together? Is it just plain a bad idea? Part of this will definitely be trying it for myself, but I'd at least like to hear opinions for the conceptual end of this. Another thing really quick: is amplifying this headset recommended? I didn't get much of an impression on that topic when reading through this thread. Thank you very much for your input so far! :)

Honestly, once you eq them right you will not go back and forth.also, not all eq programs are equal (stock is usually garbage). The bass boost is on the bt version only, if you get that all u will do is push that button to your already EQed headset.

How far u can eq the momentum is something I cannot speak for. They will surely perform better in many other areas.

Jul 28, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #440 of 644
Alright, so I'll just EQ the set once with the electronic bass boost off. Thanks for informing me I'd otherwise be wasting my time! Unfortunately, the only place I can find Momentums at is 35 minutes away from me, so I may not get to that. I hope I get a chance to experience all the good things I have heard about the Momentums, as well as the XB950BTs in person, but time is sparce. Again, thanks for your help, and the best to you, Dave!

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #441 of 644
So just received these cans and so far I'm impressed although I have noticed that the right headphones bass is louder (vibration) compared to the left. Especially noticeable at high volumes and the bass is super low (hip hop tracks) I've tried several songs and its the same. Sound overall sounds balance it's just my right headphone vibrates a tad bit more than the left. Anybody else notice this?

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #442 of 644
So just received these cans and so far I'm impressed although I have noticed that the right headphones bass is louder (vibration) compared to the left. Especially noticeable at high volumes and the bass is super low (hip hop tracks) I've tried several songs and its the same. Sound overall sounds balance it's just my right headphone vibrates a tad bit more than the left. Anybody else notice this?

Hard to know for sure, but it may be defective. Is it refurbished?

Jul 31, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #444 of 644
Hard to know for sure, but it may be defective. Is it refurbished?

I'm starting to think it's by design because my XB500s have always done the same. The right headphone thumps just a minuscule more than the left. The left still vibrate and thumps but I feel it more on my right. Like I said sound sounds balanced and no rattling or distortion so far. Yes, they are refurbished so they come with the Sony 90 day warranty so if i find I'm the only one experiencing this ill make a claim.

Jul 31, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #445 of 644
I loved the bass and fit and comfort, but the lack of mids and highs (for a bass fan like me even) was too much.

How long have you had them for? I've noticed that as well on these but I'm sure with the "burn in" they'll balance out. When I initially got my XB500s the sound overall sounded murkier and now 3 years later they're so crisp and the thumping bass is still there.

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #447 of 644
I'd tried them new and found this issue. Then later a pair at a showroom that had a lot of burn in and found them similar.

I find them corded to sound their best. On Bluetooth the bass seems to overtake the lows and miss for me especially with the Bass Boost. I know someone posted a small and easy mod on here about adding fitted foam into each headphones bass port. Seems to contain the bass a little bit better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back