SONY MDR-XB700 HEADPHONES, any reviews?
May 14, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #16 of 145
and how does this compare to ultrasone HFI series?

May 14, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #17 of 145
so you're they're inferior to headphones that cost double as much and are comparable to headphones in their price range. I guess sony accepts your apology

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardstyler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am listening to these at the moment. I was just playing Ed Rush & Optical - Wormhole. This track has insane bassline and its a good test for bassy headphones. Sony claims these headphones were made for music like Drum&Bass, dub, hip hop.

Well I am sorry to say this Sony but bass on 770pro is still better. Its deeper, has better impact and basshead like me still prefers 770pro. Shame on you Sony. Next time when you claim they're made for Drum&Bass make sure the bass is as good or better than 770pro/80 WHEN PLAYING DRUM&BASS. That is all.

I don't think the bass is that much better than K81DJ to be honest.

Now don't get me wrong they are very bassy and I'd say they have 90% 770 bass, but I totally expected better bass than 770pro. Sony marketing ftw.

May 21, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #18 of 145
anyone can compare this to an hfi-580 pls..... how is the SQ in low, mids, high?

May 21, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #19 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by limin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so you're they're inferior to headphones that cost double as much and are comparable to headphones in their price range. I guess sony accepts your apology

you can get the dt770/80 pro's for $150 new... the same price as the sony xb700's.

May 21, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #20 of 145
you can get xb700 for $80 new... almost half of the lowest for dt770/80... but still hfi 580 is much better than dt770/80 right?

May 21, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #21 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by cLy_eVo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can get xb700 for $80 new

Where?

May 21, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #22 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where?

I bought mine for $85 including delivery from Amazon a few weeks ago. They're fun to play and very comfortable.

May 22, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #23 of 145
If anyone finds a store other than futureshop or sonystyle with an actual storefront in Canada that sells the xb700's please let me know.

I got a gift card for future shop and i really wanna get these, using their lowest price guarantee -- the thing is they only price match with canadian stores, and not online retailers.

The best i've found is MDR-XB700 Extra Bass Headphone (MDRXB700) in Canada - Fast Shipping 1.866.800.8060 for $130 but they're not a stocked item :/

I'm not gonna pay $180 when they're available for $80 in the USA, that's for sure.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #24 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone finds a store other than futureshop or sonystyle with an actual storefront in Canada that sells the xb700's please let me know.

I got a gift card for future shop and i really wanna get these, using their lowest price guarantee -- the thing is they only price match with canadian stores, and not online retailers.

The best i've found is MDR-XB700 Extra Bass Headphone (MDRXB700) in Canada - Fast Shipping 1.866.800.8060 for $130 but they're not a stocked item :/

I'm not gonna pay $180 when they're available for $80 in the USA, that's for sure.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the website, I was about to go to the Sony Store and buy them but I think I will wait and see if this website gets more stock in soon.

I've also been following this website:
Sony MDR-XB700 Extra Bass Headphones - 50mm in Corded Headphones at JR.com

They sell them for $80.00 USD and ship to Canada. Only one problem though, shipping is an outrageous amount of $58!!!
frown.gif

May 24, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #25 of 145
You could always try amazon. It's $88 there but i doubt they charge $58 for shipping to Canada. Don't wait on that frontierpc link.. like you found these headphones can be got way cheaper. I'm only looking for Canadian links because I've got a FS giftcard and they only pricematch to Canadian stores. Either way I'm sure it won't be long until these are readily available in Canada for those prices... and every kid, their dog and their kitchen sink will be walking around with these on
wink.gif

Amazon.com: Sony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones: Electronics

May 24, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #27 of 145
Good news for Canadians. I went to the Sony Store at Sherway Gardens Mall to have another listen and make sure these are the cans I want.

I tried to see if they would price match the cans. I knew it would be a long shot since they wouldn't even budge on $100 when I bought my laptop. I showed the dude the website (frontierpc.com) and how they're Canadian. After talking with the manager for a few minutes, he agreed to sell me the XB700 cans for $140 bucks which was completely fair considering the cans at frontierpc.com were 130 + 10 shipping.

And now I have myself a proper (or relatively proper) set of cans. Initial impressions: loving the booming bass
L3000.gif
I still have to play around with the equalizer but they're not too shabby.

May 26, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #28 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf04 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And now I have myself a proper (or relatively proper) set of cans. Initial impressions: loving the booming bass
L3000.gif

Glad you're liking them. I still haven't listened to them... but going by reviews i know i'm gonna get them sooner or later. Do you use a headphone amplifier?

@jsaliga/Jerome -- what's wrong with my name/avatar? there's rules against kindergarten humour?
tongue.gif

May 28, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #29 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you're liking them. I still haven't listened to them... but going by reviews i know i'm gonna get them sooner or later. Do you use a headphone amplifier?

Nope, no headphone amplifier here. I'm taking it one step at a time. For me, paying $160 (including tax) for a pair of cans is a lot so baby steps.
tongue.gif

Also from what I've heard, people would recommend amping these cans if you think the bass it overwhelming and want a more neutral sound but for me, the bass is perfect and not overwhelming at all but like all headphones, it depends on the quality of the songs you listen.

I have quite a few mp3s at 128 kbps and they sound horrible and flat so I'm deleting most of them and slowly moving towards 320 kbps and FLAC but it will be a while.

EDIT: Just noticed the cans dropped to $114 on frontierpc.com. Damn, I could have gotten them for 20 bucks less. Ah well, at least I didn't pay Sony's MSRP.

May 30, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #30 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf04 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good news for Canadians. I went to the Sony Store at Sherway Gardens Mall to have another listen and make sure these are the cans I want.

I tried to see if they would price match the cans. I knew it would be a long shot since they wouldn't even budge on $100 when I bought my laptop. I showed the dude the website (frontierpc.com) and how they're Canadian. After talking with the manager for a few minutes, he agreed to sell me the XB700 cans for $140 bucks which was completely fair considering the cans at frontierpc.com were 130 + 10 shipping.

L3000.gif

OK, so how did you talk them into selling you these cans for less?
I live in QC and people don't think the same way they do in the English provinces.
I want to buy this model...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back