Sony MDR-V600 better then AKG k240s really?
Dec 5, 2010 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mentalchaos

New Head-Fier
I have a friend here saying that his Sony MDR-V600s are better then my 240s, All I could do is laugh. I personally find the sonys to distant and flat. They do have a little more bass I will give him that. 

Dose anyone else here agree  with him? 

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #2 of 3
What makes a headphone better is subjective and is relative on from user to user. If he feel ls that way ( provided he;'s used both) then he's entitled to his opinion.

Dec 5, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 3
I don't think that anyone with a musical ear (anyone that either creates music, studies it, etc.) would agree with that.  My friend, a violin player, that decided to come in to the world of hi-fi bought Beyer 880's after my comparison with him.  He started researching headphones after buying Sony V700 and liked the amount of bass for techno, but hated how much they pressed and caused physical discomfort after so little time.  He heard that open headphones were tinny and bass-less, so I let him try my K240 Studio against his V700, straight out of his mid-grade laptop.  He came away deciding that it was a false statement.  His overall conclusion was:
The bass is somewhat comparable in amount, but the K240 has better quality bass.  Also, when there are mids and highs in a song, it's laughable to even put them up against each other.

Friends like yours are the reason that Bose and Monster Dre Beats are the most popular headphones in society.  You will see K240 in recording studios, while you'll never see V600.  What does that tell you?

Read this thread to see what "we" think about the V600.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/250848/sony-cans-mdr-v6-vs-mdr-v600

Overall though, you really shouldn't care what others think or claim.  If you like the sound, that's all that matters.  My girlfriend loves the sound of my K450, but she hates the fit of the "superportable" supraaural.  I think they fit great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back