Sony MDR-V6 earpad replacement?
Jun 21, 2007 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

SactoMan101

500+ Head-Fier
Folks,

I have an old Sony MDR-V6 headphone that needs needs to have its earpads replaced (the headphone still works well otherwise).

Any suggestions on where to buy replacement earpads and/or send to appropriate service center to replace them?

Jun 21, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #2 of 27
Well, you used to be able to buy them from here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...250_DT280.html

But it appears these pads are discontinued...

Does anyone know where else I can buy them. I always put off buying them because the pleathers were fine... I regret not buying the velour kind now.

There are tons of threads mentioning how to replace them if you can find them, tho!

Jun 22, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, you used to be able to buy them from here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...250_DT280.html

But it appears these pads are discontinued...

Actually I would email B&H about those DT250 replacement velours. IIRC, there was another post where a person from B&H stated that there had been a mix up; Beyer had recently shifted the parts to another catalog, and the stock person assumed that they were discontinued. Shoot them an email to find out, I'll bet B&H prices are one of the lowest too, they ship super fast as well.

Jun 22, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I would email B&H about those DT250 replacement velours. IIRC, there was another post where a person from B&H stated that there had been a mix up; Beyer had recently shifted the parts to another catalog, and the stock person assumed that they were discontinued. Shoot them an email to find out, I'll bet B&H prices are one of the lowest too, they ship super fast as well.

Very weird. I ordered a pair not too long ago for my brother. Initially they were out of stock and there was a link you could click so that B&H would shoot you an email when they came in. I did that and it worked out fine. It's definitely worth calling and inquiring because the velours are pretty sweet.

Jun 22, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They have them here in the links below:

http://www.libermansound.com/catalog...products_id=29

Sony Parts:

MDR-V6/MDR-7506 Ear Pad
PART: 211566803

http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/eco...ame=Headphones

Thanks for the information!
smily_headphones1.gif
Now for the other question: how do I remove the bad earpads and install the replacements?
confused.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the information!
smily_headphones1.gif
Now for the other question: how do I remove the bad earpads and install the replacements?
confused.gif

Just pull them off starting from the edge/side.

Jun 22, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #11 of 27
As Joshatdot has mentioned, with your fore and index fingers together tuck them beneath the the ear pads on the inside of the headphones. Then gently pull the sides of the ear pads outwards while working your way around the the pad until you get them unseated from the headphones.

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello. Sorry to bump old thread.
I registered myself because I really have to check this out.
I just bought V6, and indeed, the muffs are tiring on earlobes for extended use.

I wonder if anyone bought from B&H for that DT250/DT280 earpads, and how is it?

The one on B&H is 250 or 280? If anyone purchased this pad from B&H / somewhere else, please share the comfort of it.

Thank you >.>

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buranko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello. Sorry to bump old thread.
I registered myself because I really have to check this out.
I just bought V6, and indeed, the muffs are tiring on earlobes for extended use.

I wonder if anyone bought from B&H for that DT250/DT280 earpads, and how is it?

The one on B&H is 250 or 280? If anyone purchased this pad from B&H / somewhere else, please share the comfort of it.

Thank you >.>

The 250/280/290 are the same headphone, with different configurations (mics, one-sided, etc).

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buranko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the size of the earmuffs/pads are exactly the same?

What makes the different between V6's muff and DT-250's ?
The depth? or the hole's diameter?

If you ask me, one of them is usually attached to a much worse headphone
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't tried replacing v6 pads, and I've seen more than one pair of dt250'2 with pads of slightly different thicknesses. Sounds fine, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back