Sony MDR-MV1
Apr 11, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #407 of 460
Thank you for your reply. I am new to the business and still need help. Which cables are suitable?

Edit:

Do I need a cable like this?
https://www.ebay.de/itm/39505259614...4GXGW8&hash=item5bfaf83bb5:g:6QIAAOSwI0FldETV

Are there cheaper alternatives?
Yes, if you look around you can find different cables at different prices:

US $30.00 50%OFF | Graphene 7N OCC Shielding Coaxial Mixed Earphone Cable For Plantronics BackBeat Sense 505 Oppo PM-3 Sony MDR-MV1 LN007794
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EvZWSNv

Apr 11, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #408 of 460
Bought the Brise🤘
Expensive and prob taxes too😂
If it's that amazing I'll be mega happy as the MV1 is just so enjoyable, there's no perfect headphones but this one has some magic
In fact, if they make a closed version with similar comfort it'll be my ideal headphone

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #409 of 460
Bought the Brise🤘
Expensive and prob taxes too😂
If it's that amazing I'll be mega happy as the MV1 is just so enjoyable, there's no perfect headphones but this one has some magic
In fact, if they make a closed version with similar comfort it'll be my ideal headphone
Glad that I could help. Let us know when it arrives. Enjoy, I will go to New Malden to try the Composer soon, and this one if they have it.

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #411 of 460
Glad that I could help. Let us know when it arrives. Enjoy, I will go to New Malden to try the Composer soon, and this one if they have it.
They won't have the Sony is my guess, it's easy to try from Amazon and return

Apr 13, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #415 of 460
I can sell you my mdr 1am2's balanced cable if interested :)

Thank you for your reply. I am new to the business and still need help. Which cables are suitable?

Edit:

Do I need a cable like this?
https://www.ebay.de/itm/39505259614...4GXGW8&hash=item5bfaf83bb5:g:6QIAAOSwI0FldETV

Are there cheaper alternatives?
Actually you can find a lightly used 1AM2 for cheaper and got a whole other headphone as bonus. 😂 But hey some people want better quality ones, but for me, I'm doing fine with using all of my 1AM2's accessories with the MV1.

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #417 of 460
The Sony MDR-MV1 (with Kimber 4.4 cable or 4.4 cable from the Sony MDR-1AM2) goes very well with the Sony TA-ZH1ES, (but also with other Sony choices (Sony NW-WM1AM2, ZX300, PHA2 and PHA3 Shanling M9...).
It's a very good headphone, which surprised me with its lightness, its balance, the separation and the placement of the instruments, I can listen to it for hours....
(I have the Sennheiser HD800 and PIONEER SE Master 1)
- Only drawback > the very light packaging content!

Yes, I really like this headphone !

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #418 of 460
If I hadn't bought a pair of Fostex T50RP 50th Anniversary LE, I'd be happily rocking my MDR-MV1s as my daily driver mainly for its light weight, superb economics and great pairing with my WM1AM2 especially with the balanced cables (I'm still amazed to this day how much performance I'm getting from the MDR-MV1 + WM1AM2 pairing).

Funny story: many months back, I was thinking of splurging for a pair of HD660S2 (our local headphone shop finally brought in pairs) so I went to the shop with my MDR-MV1s to compare. After an hour or so of listening and comparing the two, I couldn't bring myself to buy the HD660S2 simply because the MDR-MV1 was the better sounding pair, not to mention miles ahead comfort-wise. I ended up buying a pair of Audeze Maxwells instead (but that's a different story altogether :sweat_smile:).

Apr 13, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #419 of 460
The Sony MDR-MV1 (with Kimber 4.4 cable or 4.4 cable from the Sony MDR-1AM2) goes very well with the Sony TA-ZH1ES, (but also with other Sony choices (Sony NW-WM1AM2, ZX300, PHA2 and PHA3 Shanling M9...).
It's a very good headphone, which surprised me with its lightness, its balance, the separation and the placement of the instruments, I can listen to it for hours....
(I have the Sennheiser HD800 and PIONEER SE Master 1)
- Only drawback > the very light packaging content!

Yes, I really like this headphone !
Hi, can you tell me more how it does compare to the Master 1? I had that headphone and I really like it. Also have you heard the Composer, or the AKG812? Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #420 of 460
Hi, can you tell me more how it does compare to the Master 1? I had that headphone and I really like it. Also have you heard the Composer, or the AKG812? Thanks
Sorry, I've never heard the composer or the AKG 812.
For the Pioneer SE1 and the Sony MV1, it is difficult to compare them, it is not the same rendering on the same pieces of music and the same source.
- The Pioneer is more "warm" and a little more detailed in the final details, despite its comfort, it is heavier and for me difficult to use as soon as it starts to get a little warmer temperatures with its pads. (this is a helmet that I use especially in winter when indoor temperatures do not exceed 20/21°).
Which is not currently the case with the Sony MV1 which I can use for hours and its sound signature is, I find very pleasant and balanced while being well detailed with also very good instrumental separation (of course depending on the recordings and file quality) and I find it very good.
Now everyone has their own opinion and their own ears.
I hesitated to buy it, and I absolutely don't regret it.
(I listen to a lot of Synthesizer electronics, a little Arabic Pop (Assala) some various singers like Maria Mena, Mylène Farmer, Classical Organ music and some classics like Pink Floyd, John William etc... and with the Sony MV1 I rediscover my music in another listening aspect = I appreciate this.

These are 2 Open type Headphones so to be used in peace or indoors

This is just my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back