Sony MDR-MV1
Apr 17, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #91 of 461
Yes, we can't trust advertising and marketing, never!!!
$400 are asked to pay for emptiness, amazing)))
It's noticeable that I had such a feeling when I listened to 660S2 after NDH 30)))
Only Sennheiser is asking for their emptiness of $600 - who is more? Who has more impudence and who doesn't give a damn about everyone)))

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #92 of 461
Yes, we can't trust advertising and marketing, never!!!
$400 are asked to pay for emptiness, amazing)))
It's noticeable that I had such a feeling when I listened to 660S2 after NDH 30)))
Only Sennheiser is asking for their emptiness of $600 - who is more? Who has more impudence and who doesn't give a damn about everyone)))
Please stop. You're doing more harm to the NDH 30 than you could even if you were secretly working for Sony and Sonava! Or perhaps you are?

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #94 of 461
It seems that the headphone was specifically designed to work with the new 360VME service. I wonder how well it will work as a studio headphone without that program, or indeed as a music listening headphones. Will it need that program to work well/sound good?

‘Along with the launch of 360VME service, Sony will release the "MDR-MV1" open-back monitor headphones for creators that can maximize the performance of 360VME.’
Speaking with the reps at Sony about the MV1, the big intent seemed to be making a headphone that would work great with the 360 Reality Audio. In that respect I think it is a success. In pure sound quality for applications outside of that for an "audiophile" market I feel that the MV1 doesn't deliver in this regard.
It seems to be as I speculated........

Apr 17, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #98 of 461
Well, I can tell you, the NDH 30 really IS that good. I bought two(!), but indigogo is in danger of putting Neumann out of business with his style of endorsement! :wink:
I'm not supporting anyone, I'm just writing briefly as it really is)))
Neumann, with or without my comments, feels great financially)))
Do not forget that headphones are a drop in the ocean for them. Microphones - that's where their main money)))

Apr 17, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #99 of 461
I'm not supporting anyone, I'm just writing briefly as it really is)))
Neumann, with or without my comments, feels great financially)))
Do not forget that headphones are a drop in the ocean for them. Microphones - that's where their main money)))
You obviously missed the not so subtle meaning of my post……. Never mind…..

Apr 17, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #100 of 461
You obviously missed the not so subtle meaning of my post……. Never mind…..
I'm not sure if he understands the term introspection. Also, sometimes it is better to listen than to blabber...... Some people don't do well listening, not just here, but throughout your daily lives.........

Oh well, enjoy the music my friends!!

Leo

Apr 17, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #101 of 461
I think Mike F was joking.

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #103 of 461
Apr 18, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #104 of 461
It is Indeed a typo. SONY specs say 100dB/mW.

Have a great Sunday 😊Screenshot_20230416_084111_Chrome.jpg
Well, it was difficult to believe that Sony gave sensitivity for 100mW instead of the usual 1mW (makers select either 1V or 1mW). Now, calculating the sound pressure for 1V, given the impedance of 24 Ohms, we have: 116 dB at 1V. This is a very efficient headphone, close to some IEMs, and much more efficient than the HD-660S which is the most efficient of the 6## series at 108 dB at 1V. Of course, sensitivity or efficiency is not related to the sound quality.

Apr 18, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #105 of 461
Well, it was difficult to believe that Sony gave sensitivity for 100mW instead of the usual 1mW (makers select either 1V or 1mW). Now, calculating the sound pressure for 1V, given the impedance of 24 Ohms, we have: 116 dB at 1V. This is a very efficient headphone, close to some IEMs, and much more efficient than the HD-660S which is the most efficient of the 6## series at 108 dB at 1V. Of course, sensitivity or efficiency is not related to the sound quality.
Yes - $400 for headphones that are not related to sound quality. I wonder how long this scam will continue?)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back