Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Oct 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #541 of 2,677
  Hi, Sorry for so many questions.

How are the MrSpeakers Mad Dog? Just heard from my friend that it is very open sounding despite being closed.

Feel like getting that because I can use it in the library. If not, have to use my future MA900 at home only :frowning2:

The Mad Dog is a great closed headphone, but it is not "very open sounding".   That description has been used by some people for the "Alpha Dog" which is a more expensive version of the Mad Dog.

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #542 of 2,677
Got my babies back!

Oh, how much I missed them! Here I was expecting not to like them as much as before (dunno why). I put on some of my songs, and YES PLZ. MY BABIES!

Oct 21, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #547 of 2,677
Dang!! You know that there is a without gear support thread here...
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #549 of 2,677
I certainly don't feel it. I however am not a fan of the headband itself. It is basically my only real gripe when it comes to comfort. I'm thinking of getting a roll of foam, and attaching it to the headband, which should aid the comfort to a legendary level. As is, the MA900 is still the most comfortable full sized headphone I've ever worn overall.

http://www.amazon.com/M-D-Building-Products-2097-Density/dp/B00005202U/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_3

Just a consideration. Someone used it o the HD650 with good results. Ironically, if the MA900's headband were longer, I'd have bought the 650's stock foam headband padsding and applied it to the MA900. Oh well.

Thanks MLE. That sounds good that you dont feel the 2 plastic end of the headband, I hate that. My Phillips headphone sounds good, but with those hard plastic and short headband arc, I can't wear it more than 10 mins which is a shame. I am sensitive to headband comfort.

Oct 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #550 of 2,677
Yeah, after over a month... I was getting antsy. :frowning2:

I know this feeling well. Recently I got them back after a long loan and I just found myself stroking it affectionately all Gollum style.

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #551 of 2,677
Thanks MLE. That sounds good that you dont feel the 2 plastic end of the headband, I hate that. My Phillips headphone sounds good, but with those hard plastic and short headband arc, I can't wear it more than 10 mins which is a shame. I am sensitive to headband comfort.

Sheesh, some of you people just need to get a wig, like these headphone users:

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #552 of 2,677
My Sony MA900 from ebay seller dan69ruiz was brand new in sealed box (looks like stock from a failed brick-and-mortar store, gauging by the price stickers), shipped the next day, and he responded very quickly to email.   One of my better ebay experiences (and sounds better than some of the other sellers mentioned in this thread 
eek.gif
).

Oct 22, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #555 of 2,677
Are there any photos showing how to open the MA900 and do the resistor mod?

These were the only instructions I found but there were no photos. I don't know which part of the MA900 the diagram refers to or how to open the MA900 in the first place.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/637267/sony-ma900-vs-sony-cd900st#post_8885894

I'm a handy DIY guy and am fairly skilled at soldering so I'd really like to try the mod out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back