Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony)
Feb 26, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #706 of 772
Quote:
All of the things im reading about these sound phenomenal.

I watched hiFiGuys review on youtube and he was talking about how full and great the bass is on them, to the point of being the best he has heard in an open headphone.
Im so close to ordering them, but there are so many other options...

I purchased these after seeing that video as well. I was somewhat disappointed with these headphones. I'm always looking for a killer price performance ratio in any new product, and based on his review, I thought this was a sure fire! I learned the hard way those videos are not very critical and basically they point out highlights of a product and no negatives. Not to say that they aren't a decent performing headphone, just that based on his review, I was expecting a slightly better headphone. 

I would agree that the bass on these isn't going to be overwhelmingly pleasant. They were just so-so for bass. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #707 of 772
confused_face.gif
 Hmph maybe not such an upgrade for me then.

I listen to anything from straight Jazz fusion to Rock to Ska and Djent. Im really looking for an all rounder and i cant seem to find anything! Maybe Grado 225i's or K550's if i can find them for 200 somewhere.

Ill stop polluting this thread now!

Feb 26, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #708 of 772
Quote:
confused_face.gif
 Hmph maybe not such an upgrade for me then.

I listen to anything from straight Jazz fusion to Rock to Ska and Djent. Im really looking for an all rounder and i cant seem to find anything! Maybe Grado 225i's or K550's if i can find them for 200 somewhere.

Ill stop polluting this thread now!

I'd take the MA900 or HD600 as an all-arounder over the 225i and K550, for sure.

Guess you could always EQ your CAL...
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #709 of 772
I would totally second the MA900 or HD650 / HD600 as all rounders, but the MA900 is darn comfortable and light.

When I get my AD900x I'll make a video and I promise you I'll be critical of both heh.

Feb 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #710 of 772
Quote:
I would totally second the MA900 or HD650 / HD600 as all rounders, but the MA900 is darn comfortable and light.

When I get my AD900x I'll make a video and I promise you I'll be critical of both heh.

Really looking forard to this. You havent by chance tried the Fidelio X1 as well have you? Would love a shootout between the three

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #711 of 772
Quote:

Really looking forard to this. You havent by chance tried the Fidelio X1 as well have you? Would love a shootout between the three

Sadly no. I want to!

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #712 of 772
Mar 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #713 of 772
Oh, you're the one behind these videos. I subscribed about two weeks ago after discovering your Momentum review.

IMO they're the most informative headphone reviews on youtube. And your choice of ambient background music is great, too. Keep'em coming!

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #714 of 772
Quote:
Oh, you're the one behind these videos. I subscribed about two weeks ago after discovering your Momentum review.

IMO they're the most informative headphone reviews on youtube. And your choice of ambient background music is great, too. Keep'em coming!

Thanks ^__^ 

Yes I didn't want to link back to Head-Fi until I was more confident with the videos. :3 The MA900 one came out a bit red though.

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #717 of 772
Quote:
Poop.

Do these have really great instrument separation and soundstage?

I keep going back and forth between these and those HD600's. :frowning2:

So I actually recently became the proud owner of the MA900s, and I still have the HD600. Some day I can try to do a direct comparison for you, though I'm a newb when it comes to judging/anlayzing headphones. Maybe if someone could give me some quick tips about how I can best do that...

Though I'm kinda limited because I only have one headphone amp (with one output).

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #718 of 772
Apr 19, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #719 of 772
Anyone try alternate earpads with these?  It looks like they have elastic around the edge and just pull off..  The shure 840 pads or brianwavz hm5 pads?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back