Sony MDR-EX700LP
Sep 23, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #136 of 149
Just received my MDR-EX700LP from Sony's $100 deal from two weeks ago.
The phones are smaller than I expected, and weigh less than Monster Turbine.
Just tried them without burning in. Surprisingly, coming from a Sony product, the bass is noticeably weaker than Turbine. And there's more hiss than both RE0 and Turbine, using my Sansa Fuze.
Have to try more after burn-in. But I just realized that I got huge ear canals - have to use the second largest tips.

Sep 24, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #137 of 149
i always use the largest
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #138 of 149
After using the EX700 for two weeks, I still feel it's not as inspiring as RE0. Bass is still a kind of weak for a Sony earphone. A little disappointed.
Does anyone know if the sound will improve much after more burn in?

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #139 of 149
Can mod please move this thread to the "Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors" sub forum? Thanks

Feb 20, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #140 of 149
Bought a geniune pair 13 months ago (although mine are the sl version, and the extension cable is really inconvenient, so buy the LP one).

Happy to say, that unlike the ex71/90 the cable didn't melt. (I really was expecting it to). Neither do they sound like a muffled piece of crap, but it's deep and controlled enough to enjoy hard electro music (re: bass).

There is a minor issue with the drivers though: the top side (the one with white writing saying mdr-ex700) has a matte coating on it that started to peel on both left and right ears. It's cosmetic only, but for flagship sony in-ears - not pleasing.

Sound wise, I'm happy with the price paid (about AU$300 at the time of purchase, a bit of a rip-off, but for Australia, wasn't too bad). I enjoy using them on the go as much, if not more than my full size k340s, dt48 or k701 at home, especially on piano and violin music.

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #142 of 149
Would burning these babies in help with increasing bass (I am an admitted basshead) and settling down the sibilance? And for how long should I burn them in for, as I am looking forward to getting a couple more pairs (of the genuine ones, both from Audio Cubes) as backups just in case one breaks/gets stolen/lost/etc.

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #143 of 149
I haven't noticed any change with mine. I'm not sensitive to sibilance so can't comment if burn-in has changed it. If you are a basshead then there are IEMs that do bass better. I'm holding out for the x-jays. If you wanted to buy another pair of EX700, look in the FS section, a couple weeks ago I remember seeing it for cheap.

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #145 of 149
Great thread.  

I'm seriously considering these but I have one very important question that hasn't been discussed; cord noise!

I'm going to be using these phones while mobile, and the EP-630's I'm currently using are just about driving me insane with the noise.

Thanks
normal_smile .gif

Oct 8, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #146 of 149
There is no cord noise
smily_headphones1.gif

They are light just like the ex500's

Just a question for the general public?
Is there a thread for comparison between fakes and non fakes?

I bought mine from anadin, a reputable member on head-fi, they sound great!
But just one thing iv'e noticed is the L/R indicator.
Mine are just plain white.

While iv'e seen other head-fiers they have them RED and BLUE.
Is this the difference between the UK/US version?

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Great thread.  

I'm seriously considering these but I have one very important question that hasn't been discussed; cord noise!

I'm going to be using these phones while mobile, and the EP-630's I'm currently using are just about driving me insane with the noise.

Thanks
normal_smile .gif

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #147 of 149
My pair is LP long cable version and L/R indicators are white too. 
I got mine from EU, forgot which country exactly.

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #149 of 149
Audiophile looking to score a pair of EX700LPs for X-mas.

I ran 2 pairs of the EX90s in succession.
They served me well for many years.
Then on Monday the left earpiece stopped making sounds.

I like it better when both earpieces make sounds.
So I went to BestBuy and tried their most expensive IEMs but found mostly a bunch of crap (S4, UE350)

For now I'm back on the HDJ-2000s 
beyersmile.png

Really looking forward to rocking the Sonys once again.
No IEM I've used hit the sub 10hz like my EX90s. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back