Sony MDR-EX700LP
Jul 17, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #106 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish they were retailed from an american store, so I could order one during my trip
frown.gif

you mean sold in a retailer?

i know sonystyle carries them

Jul 17, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #107 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hiya,

To me they are quite different, to the point that I gave away (literally!) the EX90s I had... That isn't to say that the EX90s are bad, they're not - just that the EX700s are that much better IMHO...

So Duncan, how's that review going?
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #108 of 149
I got these a few days ago and have probably burned in about 30hrs of pink noise on top of the 10+ hrs of music listening. There is still a lot of sibilance present. I hope further burn in would help calm that down. The bass on these is amazing; very deep and clean. These are very different from my EX90. The volume on these are much louder and the highs are more pronounced (too pronounced because of the sibilance) and of course the bass is a lot deeper.

Jul 17, 2008 at 10:19 AM Post #109 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So Duncan, how's that review going?
biggrin.gif

Hiya,

Both an upheaval at work, and in my personal life have made me not really that energetic when it comes to things like reviews
frown.gif

On the bright side, I can say that listening to the EX700s on my iPod Touch, with I don't know... say - 150hrs on the clock, they really do tame down after a while - They can be sharp when needed (maximum volume dance / trance music) but can also be gentle too (acoustic)...

I agree with the poster above, and also the OP that the bass they produce is awesomely detailed and present, the best I would say - that I have heard out of anything 'in-ear'...

I'm still interested in an EX700/PK1/OK1 shoot-out
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #110 of 149
i already ordered my amp (boa) and after reading 11pages thread, im considering this and planning to cancel my order... so how is it when plunge directly to classic? whats the optimal burn-in time? how is it compared to se420?

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #112 of 149
Cool one! Does it need to hang over your ears like UE or Shure?

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #114 of 149
This thread is useless with out a review

Jul 23, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #115 of 149
ClieOS had created a mini-review of 12 IEMs (including the EX700), along with comparisons with other IEMs.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...mpared-335851/

Personally, I prefer my SA6s much more than the EX700 (which my bro owns), and the EX700's lack the low-bass tone that's found in the Atrio's and SA6s, it just has lots of mid-bass (there is a difference) and slightly sibilant highs (even after burning in). This, combined with the price, don't make it as attractive of an option, IMO.

Jul 23, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #117 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Judging on mainstream sony earbuds/headphones from the past, you can probably get the EX700 for ~$150 or so once they become widely available in the US.

I don't think these are geared towards "mainstream" just take a look at amazon.com. It comes in stock from time to time but goes out of stock quickly and shows a 1-2 month shipping time. Take the EX90 for example which I purchased 2+ years ago for around $80 online, they still go for around $70 online. These are retailed for $99. I doubt the EX700 will hit $150 from reputable sellers anytime soon.

Jul 24, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #118 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolchu001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think these are geared towards "mainstream" just take a look at amazon.com. It comes in stock from time to time but goes out of stock quickly and shows a 1-2 month shipping time. Take the EX90 for example which I purchased 2+ years ago for around $80 online, they still go for around $70 online. These are retailed for $99. I doubt the EX700 will hit $150 from reputable sellers anytime soon.

if you look hard enough and/or am patient for coupons and deals, the EX90 can be had for around $55 or so shipped.

the sa5000 retailed for $699, they can be had for around $350 or less now

the ex700 is just not readily available yet... if/when it is, ~$150 or so is not out of the realm of possibility.

Jul 24, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #120 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the pk1 absolutely blasts the EX90 like its stepping on a bug.

...I am still waiting for someone to do a comparison between EX700 and PK/OK1
biggrin.gif

Re robojacks comments, I find [personally] that the bass on the EX700s isn't bad at all, with better texture / slam than the TF10, and overall better definition than the SE5x0... Could be a fit issue? (I usually use the ML types, but decided to try the LM tips to see if I could get more isolation... Completely killed the sound as the LMs were obviously too big for my ears...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back