Sony MDR-EX700LP
May 2, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #31 of 149
It would be great to have a comparison between the three. I was about to buy the SE 530 and saw soo many thread saying that they are just alright, so then I though I'll buy the triple fi's, and now I read this and damn I feel like going with sony. I have always been a fan of their products.

May 2, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #32 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bringing this thread back to life...

...I have the EX700s coming today, and last week bought the Triple Fi 10, and also have the Shure E500s...

...Would anyone be interested in a three way review?

(Even if so, can't guarantee when it would be - have a whole lot on at work at the moment, and have GTA IV sat waiting for me when I get home this evening, so this weekend is probably totally out
wink.gif
)

Great idea Duncan. I've been hoping someone would come along that has heard both the E500s and EX700LPs. Even better that you have the triple.fis to compare also! I'm looking forward to your impressions.

-sid

May 2, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #33 of 149
I forgot to mention that I bought some comply tips about two weeks ago and this has greatly improved fit, isolation and sq, especially in the mid to lower ranges.

I'm at about 100+ hours or so at this point. Bass seemed to dwindle at around 50 hours but returned with force at about 75 hours. In the bass department these phones have good slam, exceptional depth and great dimension. IMHO these have superior bass to the E500s across the board. The upper ranges have retained their sparkle which is extremely refreshing after coming from the Shures. Mids have come a little more forward and maintained their already lush quality. The more I listen to these the more I'm enjoying them. Can't wait to hear Duncan's thoughts!

-sid

May 3, 2008 at 12:28 PM Post #34 of 149
From what is described, it sounds like just what I am looking for. I was looking for a pair of decent phone, this is one that makes it to my list, unfortunately I hadn't been able to find much information about it. Today I just got my ER-4P, then you guys start to talk about 3 way review. Damn it.
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #35 of 149
Well, I have formulated my opinions, and have a verdict... Just a matter of typing it all out... bear with me
smily_headphones1.gif

There could well be a shock or two in store
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #36 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by miranon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. That's why i can't believe it.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wonder how a 3-driver armature can sound worse than a neodymium magnet (1 driver?)

Anyway i would buy this Sony but the price here in Europe is ridiculous high (300 euro or about 480$). How much did you pay for them?

what you need to remember that the sound produced is not entirely down to the drivers, tuning, housing and power control all play a factor.

im with you tho technically these should not be better, but hey im going to take a listen when i can,im intrigued

May 4, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #37 of 149
armatures were not meant for music but ended up being tweaked by companies like ety and shure to make music. dynammics? they have nearly a 40 year history of making music within headphones.

i cannot see why anyone would feel a multiple armature 'should' sound better. they need multiples to even come close to producing a full sound in all spectrums.

i do believe that armatures are more detail oriented. perhaps the electrostatic of the canal/iem world but... as for sounding natural and nice? at least for a bloke like me, I am put quite off

May 10, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #38 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I have formulated my opinions, and have a verdict... Just a matter of typing it all out... bear with me
smily_headphones1.gif

There could well be a shock or two in store
biggrin.gif

Any update? I'm considering getting a pair!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #39 of 149
any update on this.??
biggrin.gif
i m wondering if the ex700 can compete with the triple fi's..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #41 of 149
Hiya,

Apologies for the further delays. I'm having a nightmare trying to set up my new gaming rig
frown.gif

Anyways, what I can say for now, the bass is quite possibly the best i've ever heard from an 'IEM' with the EX700, and overall, these are now my can of choice for out on the road
biggrin.gif

I promise, I will eventually get a proper comparison up, but right now, yes - they are great
biggrin.gif

If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to shout, hopefully i'll get you an answer
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #42 of 149
Ok Duncan... after reading your post I impulsively pounced on a pair advertised way too cheaply on eBay. Lord have mercy on my soul for doing so...

For other ppl brave enough there are a few left still. I wouldn't recommend it 'hypocritic-ally' speaking, as this seller has prices that seem too good to be true.

May 12, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #43 of 149
i m wondering in the isolation of the mdr ex700, how do they compare with the triple fi's.?? are the ex700 sealed or just semi-sealed because i saw that there were some screws on the casing of the ex700..
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #44 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by aBc.CaN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok Duncan... after reading your post I impulsively pounced on a pair advertised way too cheaply on eBay. Lord have mercy on my soul for doing so...

For other ppl brave enough there are a few left still. I wouldn't recommend it 'hypocritic-ally' speaking, as this seller has prices that seem too good to be true.

fake...

May 12, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #45 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fake...

Most likely. Sony buds should be only purchased from authorized resellers and Sony Style shops. There's a long thread regarding the EX-90 fakes around Ebay. Never buy a Sony bud for a price which is "too good to be true".

Rgrds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back