Sony MDR-7510
Aug 20, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #16 of 21
Just bought one. Not bad, not bad at all. Forward robust mids with decent bass. Slightly lacking air and detail in the highs but I will take this over the m50 anyday

May 9, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #17 of 21
Just posting a review for anyone who is interested. The biggest differences between the new 7510 and the old classic 7506 are the ear pads and the overall comfort of the headphoens. The differences are huge! I cannot understate the quality difference between the two. The new 7510's have leather earpads (fake leather i think but still really really soft ) as opposed to the 7506 fake disgusting pleather earpads. The ear cups have plastic feel to them but who cares. The 7510 don't fold up like the MDR-V6/7506 and dont have any metal hinges but that does not really bother me. With that said i think they spent all the money on the earpads and audio drivers. I am really impressed with the new 7510s. In my opinion Sony has really hit the mark with these new earpads and new design.

As for the sound, the new 7510 have bigger 50mm drivers as opposed to the 7506 40mm drivers. I've only had them for a couple of days but the sound is really good. The sony 7510's also have angled drivers which helps with listening fatigue. Overall I really like the new design and I'm really happy with the materials used and the overall look and feel of the headphones. I went from 7506 --> hd650 --->7510.
This is a 7 year old posting; however, it's STILL useful to me. This site's a bloody treasure chest of info. Thanks, eh!

Sep 25, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #18 of 21
because you're a champion and a great person in general. =) I think i've made my decision.

This is a useful thread, even in September 2017. Thanks, eh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back