Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R
Jan 22, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #376 of 2,667
  @dazzerfong 

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Snagged a pair from Dell this morning and will give them a try out. I've been very happy with my newly owned Sennheiser 598s for the most part. I just want something with a little more low end kick. Again, thanks!

No problem! Haven't tried the 598's, but I hope you have fun with your MDR-1A's. I unfortunately can't enjoy them for the mean time because my left ear's swollen!

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #377 of 2,667

No problem! Haven't tried the 598's, but I hope you have fun with your MDR-1A's. I unfortunately can't enjoy them for the mean time because my left ear's swollen!

The 598s are a really good well balanced headphone. Sorry about your ear, Hope you heal very soon. Assuming the headphones didn't cause this ( I hope lol)

Mdr's arrived a little while ago. First impressions are good. I wish the earcups were a little bigger though. I have to remember they're emphasized for portable use and I'm used to more full sized home cans. Also a bit surprised that they didn't come with a 6.3 adapter.  For costing around $300 they should!

One more question for you if I may. When you first opened yours, were either of the two included cables wrapped in plastic? Mine weren't. Thanks!

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #379 of 2,667

One more question for you if I may. When you first opened yours, were either of the two included cables wrapped in plastic? Mine weren't. Thanks!

Mine were inside the travel pouch, no plastic.

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #382 of 2,667

The 598s are a really good well balanced headphone. Sorry about your ear, Hope you heal very soon. Assuming the headphones didn't cause this ( I hope lol)

Mdr's arrived a little while ago. First impressions are good. I wish the earcups were a little bigger though. I have to remember they're emphasized for portable use and I'm used to more full sized home cans. Also a bit surprised that they didn't come with a 6.3 adapter.  For costing around $300 they should!

It's coz of the headphones! This is what happens when you use IEM's for your entire life until now, and the minute you use headphones, you use them for 14 hours straight!

My cables were wrapped with a plastic cable and were tossed in the bag.

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #384 of 2,667

So far on my first VERY EARLY comparison after a night of burn in...

The 1A kills the P7....

More details later!

That's sad, they just couldn't get along? Well P7s can get cocky, so I reckon it isn't entirely 1A's fault?

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #385 of 2,667
  That's sad, they just couldn't get along? Well P7s can get cocky, so I reckon it isn't entirely 1A's fault?

Just right upfront the P7 sounds like it's compressed and the sound stage sounds like a hallway....

Bass sounds compressed as well. it's got a hollow midbass sound to them.

1A is so more lush and open, with a great detailed bass....

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #388 of 2,667
  Should I get these for 100 Euro, mostly concerned about comfort and becoming warm/hot. Will only be wearing them at home at the computer or using a media player.

That's a really good price for them. I paid almost $300 USD. I think they sound good, but not quite $300 good. I've only had the chance to try them out for about an hour or so. From that short time period, I had to take them off once for some minor itching. They are very comfy! I just wish they came with some kind of 6.3m adapter solution. I dont even know if I can put a 3rd party 6.3m adapter on either of the cables.

I also only intend on using for home use.

Jan 24, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #390 of 2,667
Can anyone compare the MDR-1A to Sony's MDR-V55 or Sennheiser's HD600?  If so, pros/cons going from either of these cans to the 1A?

Dave

edit: I wonder if you can get a terminated cable to 4 pole 2.5mm balanced (to suit AK 120 II's balanced 2.5mm jack).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back