Sony Linkbuds S Impressions Thread
Nov 21, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #107 of 175
¿Podéis escuchar solamente el auricular izquierdo metiendo en auricular derecho en la caja de carga de alguna manera?
Yo, sí, sin ningún problema.

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #109 of 175
Obviamente, si yo lo meto en la cajita, se pausan pero si le doy al play de nuevo desde la aplicación de música, la reproducción continua desde el auricular que sigue en la oreja.

Nov 21, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #111 of 175
I hate paying full retail it makes the inevitable sales prices painful...

See these on sale at Best Buy Canada for $169.99,. great price... :xf_cool:

I took advantage of this sale and picked them up. I had the WF-1000XM4, which I also got on sale, just before this. The XM4s were huge and didn't fit in my ears very well. The Linkbuds S are much better in that regard. Sound-wise, the S are a little leaner which I think is good. The XM4s were a little too boomy in the bass. ANC is better on the XM4s though. Transparency mode is about the same on both.

I find the Linkbuds S straddle a nice middle ground between the XM4 and Jabra Elita Active 75t I have. Much better sound, ANC, and transparency mode than the Jabras, while being almost as comfortable. On the other hand, ANC is not as good as the XM4 but I think the sound is comparable, if not a bit better, and the S is far more comfortable.

I also had the regular Linkbuds for a while and those are a different beast altogether. They were fantastic for hearing your surroundings but I never got a good fit and eventually lost one bud when it fell out of my ear.

Nov 24, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #113 of 175
Black

Nov 24, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #114 of 175
Black. There is now also a blue version

E08E4EDA-9038-454A-83E4-67AB76009819.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #115 of 175
Black

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #116 of 175
Yet again major imbalance on the battery discharge

063DA31C-CE3F-41B5-AA85-FD8A6F3A98AE.jpeg

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #117 of 175
For those that bought these pair, which color did you end up buying? cream (ecru) one looks clean~
I have two pair, black and ecru. Ocd at times when it comes to electronics.

I bought the second pair when they came down in price and keep a set at work. The ecru color was initially exclusive to best buy. The blue ones look great imo but I'm done with audio needs for awhile.

I got into the UE TripleFi earbuds when they first came out as well and still listen to them wired. I went through a time when I only wanted armature, not dynamic drivers in my buds and found KZAZ and got them to work with over the ear Bluetooth adapters but so much tweaking to get what l wanted out of them was not easy. I spent hundreds of hours and $ trying to get good sound and easy connectivity.

This teenie tiny dynamic driver in the new linkbuds s is not bad at all. I tried the donut linkbuds as well and thought they sounded good too but I tore up my ears trying to get them to fit and finally returned them.

Granted more $$$ would get me better sound but I'm happy for now, especially with multipoint. Finally, earbud tech and sound have gotten to a place where it sounds great, speakers and mic, without wires. Good on Sony, love their products anyway and have three mirrorless cameras, three TVs, etc by them as well.

Dec 4, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #118 of 175
Hi all. I had to replace my Jabra Active 75T. I opted for the Linkbuds S. However, I found that, while the ANC is better, the basic sound isolation is a good bit weaker. Frequencies that the ANC cannot mask can still be annoying. I was wondering if you guys know about BT in-ears with better isolation overall. XM4's maybe, but perhaps there's something else out there...

Dec 4, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #119 of 175
If you are going from Jabras to Linkbuds to XM4s, know that the XM4s will feel massive in comparison to the others. I can’t speak to isolation on the XM4 because I don’t think I ever really got a good fit.

Dec 4, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #120 of 175
If you are going from Jabras to Linkbuds to XM4s, know that the XM4s will feel massive in comparison to the others. I can’t speak to isolation on the XM4 because I don’t think I ever really got a good fit.
Uh well, I've got rather small ears so I might not even try the xm4s. You're confirming what I've read here already. I don't see another <$200 BT in-ear apart from the three mentioned that provide moderate to at least acceptable passive isolation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back