Sony Linkbuds S Impressions Thread
Mar 5, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #167 of 175
Hello owners of the Linkbuds S.

Can you recommend any EQ setting that you have check improvement of the audio quality of the Linkbuds S?
I see some but I do not see which one is preferable.

Moreover have you used/find any budget Silicone and memory foam tips that work better from the stock ones?

Thank you!
I agree with @SenyorC, except that I think they sound a bit more resolving than they give credit for.

I got great results with Final E-tips, but even better results with JVC Spiral Dots. The Spiral Dots are a wide bore design and sound leaner than stock or the Finals. They maximize resolution and soundstaging. I then go into Headphone Connect and boost 400 hz and reduce 6 khz by a few decibels to add some midrange warmth back in.

No, they don't beat expensive wired earphones, but I find myself reaching for the Linkbuds more often than earphone/DAC combos several times their price...

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #169 of 175
Thank you all.

They are really nice enough tws. So @TheRealDz which is your preferable EQ setting without ANC on?

I can not find the EQ of @SenyorC without EQ.
Two notches up on the 600hz slider, and 2 notches down on 6khz - on the Headphone Connect EQ. Flat on ExtraBass.

Mar 6, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #170 of 175

Can you recommend any EQ setting that you have check improvement of the audio quality of the Linkbuds S?

Moreover have you used/find any budget Silicone and memory foam tips that work better from the stock ones?

Thank you!
I've been using Aaron's EQ settings to make the sound a bit darker with bumped bass and treble. I like how less fatiguing it's become because it did have some sibilance when i was playing more upbeat tunes. he uses the ff settings:

400hz : +1
1 khz : -2
2.5khz: -3
6.3khz: -1
16khz: -3
Clearbass: +2

youtube video link:

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #172 of 175
Two notches up on the 600hz slider, and 2 notches down on 6khz - on the Headphone Connect EQ. Flat on ExtraBass.
Sorry @TheRealDz The EQ app does not has 600hz and 6khz. Also on you previous post you said about 400 hz and reduce 6 khz which also I do not see to the app.

App only has 400hz and kz for the other frequencies.

Thanks

Mar 6, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #173 of 175
Sorry @TheRealDz The EQ app does not has 600hz and 6khz. Also on you previous post you said about 400 hz and reduce 6 khz which also I do not see to the app.

App only has 400hz and kz for the other frequencies.

Thanks
I am sorry - I was doing this from memory. It should be 400 hz and 6.3 khz.

Mar 8, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #174 of 175

Thank you!
I like a brighter presentation…

Attachments

• IMG_2794.png
    IMG_2794.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 6, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #175 of 175

Firmware Update to Version 4.1.0

Benefits and Improvements

• Expanded the number of supported LE Audio devices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back