Sony Linkbuds S Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #61 of 175
Mine have now developed a massive unbalance in discharging. Below pictures are from a month ago and from now, both are after about 8 hours of use

Is there some sort of full hardware and software reset you can perform with these?
Potentially a hardware or battery fault but maybe couldn't rule out a software glitch causing an imbalance in discharge.

Aug 24, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #62 of 175
I certainly find aac perfectly acceptable from my iPhone and iPad. LDAC from my A55 might be a bit better in a quiet room but for out and about in ambient noise I can’t tell the difference
EDIT: nevermind, LDAC works now randomly. hi, how were you able to get LDAC on your A55? I seem to only get SBC on my Walkman One A55 and WM1Z. I can select LDAC on my ZX500 with the Sony Headphone app.

also, I ordered these and the regular LinkBuds and the LinkBuds are going back. I’m a bud enthusiast and found the LinkBuds to sound.. shrill and congested which is hard to do with an open earbud style and they didnt seem intuitive to use in the 15 minutes or so I messed around with them.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #63 of 175
I just got an update 1.1.0 'adds support for audio switch'

Aug 30, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #64 of 175
Aug 30, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #65 of 175
And what is that ?
I am hoping that it means you can easily switch between devices instead of having to connect manually. I use mainly with my phone but sometimes with my tablet when sleeping and find I need to turn off my phone bluetooth as it wants to connect to that. I may be wrong.

Aug 31, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #66 of 175
Just got these today, they honestly surpassed my expectations and the fit is very nice! Million times better than XM3 (Though I have never used XM4's), very light and secure too. Sound quality is quite satisfactory, coming from someone using AKG-K371BT I found the bass to be plentiful and sound retrieval almost as good, besides the soundstage was fairly decent too.

I have to guess these are the successors to WF-Sp800n model from several years ago, remember buying them during the pandemic but hated them. Too bulky, fit was secure but uncomfortable, and sound was too bassy and narrow. Glad that Sony found a good pocket with these buds, might actually keep them this time around.

Sep 2, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #67 of 175
I forgot to say earlier in the thread that the one thing I found annoying is that the Linkbuds S come with S, M and LL eartips but not L size. Especially considering LL are too big for me and the M become dislodged if I move too much.
I managed to salvage an L pair of hybrid Sony tips from an old set of MDREX650s (the brass earphones that sony released some years ago) and the Linkbuds S now seal easily and do not move at all.
Would it have been too much to ask for L size tips included? Sony be trolling.
Anyway, I still love these. I love them way more than I ever expected to.

Sep 11, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #68 of 175
I've been holding off on getting the Linkbuds S as the WF-1000XM4 have been serving well as my ANC TWS IEMs of choice. The recent Labor Day (US holiday) Amazon price breaks for Linkbuds S, Linkbuds and WF-1000XM4 was the trigger for the purchase of the Linkbuds S. Even though I've read the reviews about how they were small and light, I was surprised how small and light these IEMs really are. Well, I have to say that I'm really liking the fit and sound of these guys. Since I now have the WF-1000XM4, Linkbuds and now the Linkbuds S, you could say I now own and enjoy the Sony holy trinity. Ok, that might be going a bit too far, but I really do enjoy all 3 of them.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022 at 2:28 AM Post #69 of 175
My silicon case from AliExpress just turned up. A dust and fluff magnet as usual but offers some protection and has the clip to avoid slipping out of my often loaded pockets.
20220802_141135.jpg20220802_141230.jpg20220802_141307.jpg
These silicone cases are smart investments once you consider the average replacement cost for a charging case— and sometimes manufactures don’t have them available as spare parts.

Sep 15, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #70 of 175
Hi

I'm considering the XM4 and the Linkbuds S, mainly for listening to music, not really bothered about calls!

I'd probably be using the LDAC codec with my DAP(s) (Sony/Fiio), do the Linkbuds have an issue with this, or is it specific to certain phones (some seem to mention Samsung)?

Is the consensus that the sound quality is better in the XM4? Or is it just tuned differently?

Also can you use the charging case for both sets of earbuds (i.e. charge the XM4 in the Linkbuds case and vica versa)?

Thanks

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #71 of 175
Got this nice Linkbuds S leather case. The leather case makes them appear and feel more premium now. LOL.
Linkbuds S leather case.jpg

Sep 30, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #72 of 175
What EQ setting are people using?
I've seem to settle with this 0 0 +1 +3 +5 clear bass at 0, this EQ for me gives the treble a much needed boost without overdoing it, as i find it on normal setting treble takes very much a back seat on the Linkbuds S.

Sep 30, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #73 of 175
I’m not doing any eq nor using anc as my use is exclusively as sleep buds over night with Audible audiobooks, so I go for longest possible battery life, which is about 8 hours for the right bud and 9 hours for the left bud

Oct 13, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #74 of 175
Has anyone tried to use these buds on PC? They seem to have connection problems when I'm using them on PC. Constantly loosing the signal when doing anything on the internet, like watching youtube, listening to spotify, etc.

I don't have any issues when using them on the phone, but tried them on two PCs (windows) and the problem appears on both.

Did you notice the same problem with yours? Is it a common issue with this model or I just bought defective buds?

Oct 15, 2022 at 2:58 AM Post #75 of 175
Battery status after 8 hours use with Audible audiobooks. Anc, eq and dsee all disabled. Aac from an iPhone.

EEEFC941-A982-4D9B-B348-3080F45421FB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back