SONY IER-Z1R
Jun 28, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #13,981 of 15,280
How are movies on the Z1R by the way? I feel like they would sound amazing except maybe male dialogue being a little hard to make out.
Should be amazing i think
I use my airpod max for movies, but i think the grandness of the z1r is really suits for a movie

Jun 28, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #13,984 of 15,280
I use the Z1R for watching streaming movies recently since i just got the BTR7 so i can see movies on my phone while using Z1R connected to BTR7 with minimum latency (LDAC codec)

Oh boy, thought the Mest is better because of the imaging but turned out Z1R with the rumble and impact really make me get into the movies. The explosion coming from the Z1R bass, then the soundstage that made surroundings sounded immersive and real.

Before with dongles, it was too hassle to handle phone with cables and dongle pulled down my phone.
The M17 can't be used for streaming movie app.

The only downside is i can't use it sideway on the bed because of the Z1R are sticking out little bit from my ears.

Jun 28, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #13,986 of 15,280
I use the Z1R for watching streaming movies recently since i just got the BTR7 so i can see movies on my phone while using Z1R connected to BTR7 with minimum latency (LDAC codec)

Oh boy, thought the Mest is better because of the imaging but turned out Z1R with the rumble and impact really make me get into the movies. The explosion coming from the Z1R bass, then the soundstage that made surroundings sounded immersive and real.

Before with dongles, it was too hassle to handle phone with cables and dongle pulled down my phone.

The only downside is i can't use it sideway on the bed because of the Z1R are sticking out little bit from my ears.
I choose to preserve my IER-Z1R for music audio only, but the one time I used them for a movie they were superb. The bass was excellent, but the staging really stood out.

Before moving to the iFi Gryphon I had the BTR7 and really enjoyed it.

Jun 29, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #13,987 of 15,280

I had a similar experience playing N64 ROM games namely diddy kong racing and The legend of zelda ocarina of tome. These old timers felt r games have sone surround , i couldnt believe it for a 1998 game. For rxample mobing as links perspective to locate enemies lets say Gold skulltulas you get the sound fade away in the direction you move Link

Jun 29, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #13,988 of 15,280
I'm realizing the Z1R can be a little source picky.

It sounded a bit dry and gritty on my OG Mojo, but it sounds wonderfully smooth and organic on my HiBy FC6 while retaining all its technicalities. Not a bad thing per se, just something I noticed.

Anyone else experience this?

Jun 29, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #13,989 of 15,280
I searched through this thread but I couldn't find a satisfactory answer so I'm asking once again.

Does anyone have an aftermarket cable/brands they recommend? I'm reading it can be a little difficult getting normal MMCX connectors from aftermarket cables out of the Z1R once they're in. Wanted to ask if this is the case. Thanks.

Jun 29, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #13,990 of 15,280
I searched through this thread but I couldn't find a satisfactory answer so I'm asking once again.

Does anyone have an aftermarket cable/brands they recommend? I'm reading it can be a little difficult getting normal MMCX connectors from aftermarket cables out of the Z1R once they're in. Wanted to ask if this is the case. Thanks.
Yes that is the case. I’ve been using the Dunu Blanche for about 2 1/2 years now and have no intention of ever removing it again so no problem for me

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #13,991 of 15,280
I'm realizing the Z1R can be a little source picky.

It sounded a bit dry and gritty on my OG Mojo, but it sounds wonderfully smooth and organic on my HiBy FC6 while retaining all its technicalities. Not a bad thing per se, just something I noticed.

Anyone else experience this?

cant comment on mojo
But ive tried z1r with hiby r6 2020 and somy wm1a and sony wm1am2
The sony dap seems to be a better match for it.
The sound is much smoother and more open.
With the hiby r6 2020 i find the z1r become a bit rough and shouty at times

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #13,992 of 15,280
Yes that is the case. I’ve been using the Dunu Blanche for about 2 1/2 years now and have no intention of ever removing it again so no problem for me
That’s a beautiful cable if somewhat pricey. I’ll have to think about this one but I’m definitely tempted.

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #13,993 of 15,280
That’s a beautiful cable if somewhat pricey. I’ll have to think about this one but I’m definitely tempted.
I like silver with both my Z1R. It’s not available for sale any longer unless you can find one second hand. The replaceable tips are brilliant.

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #13,994 of 15,280
I like silver with both my Z1R. It’s not available for sale any longer unless you can find one second hand. The replaceable tips are brilliant.
Oe think perhaps of oth t quality brands like PlusSound or lavri

Jun 29, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #13,995 of 15,280

I really like my Dunu 2s cable but I haven't tried removing them. it wouldn't be that hard though with some small grasping instrument like pliers. the issue is more so getting grip than it is the tightness of the attachment

it's a much cheaper alternative to the blanche

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back