SONY IER-Z1R
Mar 27, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #13,561 of 15,280
Mar 27, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #13,563 of 15,280
Mar 27, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #13,568 of 15,280
Final audio type E tips aren’t better than Spinfit W1 tips,I’ve tried them
Well they are to me, but you see that's the problem with the question you asked, there is no objective answer to it, it all comes down to personal fit and preferences

Mar 27, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #13,569 of 15,280
Top eartips for Z1R for me :

Feaulle latex H570 (ali only)
Azla Sedna Crystal
Spinfit W1

Mar 27, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #13,570 of 15,280
I actually like the xelastec sized down. I also tried the ier-z1r with W1 because they worked so well with the MMK2 but it didn't work out. The Sony bore diameter isn't as big as the mmk2 so a softer tip doesn't help. in fact, the heavier weight and more external weight distribution of the Sony makes a soft tip too unstable (this is not as bad if you cinch the splitter).

Currently using Xelastecs in a size S for my left ear and a size SS for my right ear. the grippiness helps to improve the stability and seal of the IEM for me.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #13,571 of 15,280
Well they are to me, but you see that's the problem with the question you asked, there is no objective answer to it, it all comes down to personal fit and preferences
What do you like about final E tips?
How is soundstage versus cryatal/xelastwc and stock?
Are they wide bore or narrow?

Mar 27, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #13,572 of 15,280
What do you like about final E tips?
How is soundstage versus cryatal/xelastwc and stock?
Are they wide bore or narrow?
The E are narrow bore.

I mainly focus on comfort, fit and isolation and want to use silicone tips so foam is never a consideration for me.

I personally detect so small sound changes between tips that it rarely affects my choice and I’m notiriously poor at judging sound stage.

Mar 27, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #13,573 of 15,280
The E are narrow bore.

I mainly focus on comfort, fit and isolation and want to use silicone tips so foam is never a consideration for me.

I personally detect so small sound changes between tips that it rarely affects my choice and I’m notiriously poor at judging sound stage.
The Sony "Foam" are actually not made of foam which might interest you.

It is an proprietary (And Sony exclusive) mix of silicone foam and polyurethane. Which means they easily last >=1 year and feel/sound like silicone.

So if you're considering comfort as the main factor, they might be interesting for you. They are also significantly smaller than pretty much every foam that exists.

They are roughly as thick as the EP-TC50, So there is only an "layer" of this special foam, they are not "filled"

shopping

You can even insert them without squeezing them beforehand if you don't want do to that. You can insert them like normal silicone.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #13,574 of 15,280
The Sony "Foam" are actually not made of foam which might interest you.

It is an proprietary (And Sony exclusive) mix of silicone foam and polyurethane. Which means they easily last >=1 year and feel/sound like silicone.

So if you're considering comfort as the main factor, they might be interesting for you. They are also significantly smaller than pretty much every foam that exists.

They are roughly as thick as the EP-TC50, So there is only an "layer" of this special foam, they are not "filled"

shopping

You can even insert them without squeezing them beforehand if you don't want do to that. You can insert them like normal silicone.
All the stock tips are too small for me so I’ve never used them. I use LL for the E

Mar 27, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #13,575 of 15,280
All the stock tips are too small for me so I’ve never used them. I use LL for the E
The EP-NI1000 in L feel larger than the LL Silicone. At least a friend of mine who normally uses the LL tips (with the XBA-Z5) switched to the EP-NI1000 because they fit better because they are slightly larger.

Its not that the E Tips are bad, not at all, but they are not as comfortable as the EP-NI1000. Especially for longer listening session, there is no re-fitting needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back