SONY IER-Z1R
Jun 3, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #12,076 of 15,280
If I could only have two, Z1R and Odin maybe lol

LX is very nice but I do like some more brightness added to it. That’s why I’m still curious about the LX SE.
I just got the Tansio Mirai Sands to get an alternative to the Z1R with a very different take on sound

Jun 3, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #12,077 of 15,280
I just got the Tansio Mirai Sands to get an alternative to the Z1R with a very different take on sound
when talking about this price range... i am always, always re-surprised how good the fiio fh7 sounds.

Jun 3, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #12,078 of 15,280
Been curious about Tansio Mirai line for a while, just haven’t had the chance to hear them.

Jun 3, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #12,080 of 15,280
In a perfect world, I would love to own the LX, Odin, and Z1R all at the same time lol

They’re honestly all different enough to my ears that I’d love to have all of them.
Overall though, if I had to only choose one, I’d take the Z1R anyday.
Same. I had the LX and EVO. Love both. Z1R is better (to me). If I could have two, I'd actually take LX over EVO to go with Z1R. Not for the bass (again I prefer Z1R bass), but for the smooth organic vocals of the LX.
Anyone pairing IER-Z1R with iFi Gryphon? Bluetooth or wired?

Any feedback on this pairing and whether the Gryphon is able to bring out the best that these beautiful IEMs offer?
I must try this combo more. Any tracks you want me to try with them? Since I got the WM1Z and Taz I didn't bother connecting the Z1R to anything else.

Jun 3, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #12,081 of 15,280
Same. I had the LX and EVO. Love both. Z1R is better (to me). If I could have two, I'd actually take LX over EVO to go with Z1R. Not for the bass (again I prefer Z1R bass), but for the smooth organic vocals of the LX.

I must try this combo more. Any tracks you want me to try with them? Since I got the WM1Z and Taz I didn't bother connecting the Z1R to anything else.
Been waiting for you to chime in. Glad you confirmed what I was thinking. I’ve been thinking of what to get to complement the LX. Debating between Z1R, EXT, and U12t

Try Seven lions - Islands for me.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #12,082 of 15,280
Been waiting for you to chime in. Glad you confirmed what I was thinking. I’ve been thinking of what to get to complement the LX. Debating between Z1R, EXT, and U12t

What tuning are you looking into?

The Legend X is much more V-Shaped then the Z1R, U12t or the EXT

The EXT does have a similar tuning, but with less bass

The Z1R and the U12t have a completely different and less V-Shaped tuning.

If complement means, similar tuning, it's the EXT, if complement means different tuning, it's the Z1R or U12t

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #12,083 of 15,280
Oh that would be awesome, thank you for offering!
No specific tracks to ask about, but was curious about the overall “pairing” of IER-Z1R with Gryphon, how it sounds to your ears, and how it fares against the Sony brethren in general. 😃

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #12,084 of 15,280
Anyone pairing IER-Z1R with iFi Gryphon? Bluetooth or wired?

Any feedback on this pairing and whether the Gryphon is able to bring out the best that these beautiful IEMs offer?
I demoed my Z1R with the Gryphon both BT and wired. BT was a non-starter for me, probably because of the poor BT you get from an iPhone, but that's what I've got.

Wired was pretty nice, but then I plugged the Z1R into the HiBy RS6 and quickly forgot about the Gryphon.

Jun 3, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #12,085 of 15,280
What tuning are you looking into?

The Legend X is much more V-Shaped then the Z1R, U12t or the EXT

The EXT does have a similar tuning, but with less bass

The Z1R and the U12t have a completely different and less V-Shaped tuning.

If complement means, similar tuning, it's the EXT, if complement means different tuning, it's the Z1R or U12t
Complement meaning a different tuning so one can get a new but enjoyable take on the same music.

Jun 4, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #12,086 of 15,280
Playing Flac and DSD through UAPP app from my S22U into the Moondrop Moonriver2 balanced dongle and into my Z1R’s has been a revelation in both the comfort and sound.

Jun 4, 2022 at 3:27 AM Post #12,087 of 15,280
so you would ignore the odin at all?

Jun 4, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #12,089 of 15,280

Z1r. You can even try z1r on amazon for 30 days. If you don't like it you can return it. U12t is closer to lx sound imho. Don't forget about U18s too.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #12,090 of 15,280
Hi all,
Would like to ask for a recommendation between Sony IER-Z1R, Senn IE600 and IE900. SQ > price. Saw many folks have Z1R and IE900 in their signatures so thought I'd ask.

I recently demoed IE600 vs IE900 via DMP-Z1 (thanks Stars Picker Audio) for ~2hrs and both were more similar than different vs my existing AKT8ie and IE800. Difference was mostly IE900 had pushed back mids and better treble and details emphasis. Bass was great on both and ran really deep. However, I had bad seal issue with the different silicon tips and only managed to get a seal with foam tips.

My use case:
1. For daily work + commute 8-10hrs, prefer IEM over full size headphone for portability
2. Will likely drive it via iPhone 12 Pro Max > L&P W2 with Spotify Premium (yes this is good enough for me) and Apple Music ALAC
3. 90% of my music library is K-pop (Everglow, aespa, fromis_9, IU, Oh My Girl), electronic (SOPHIE, Charlie XCX, skrillex) and some selected female singers (Lorde, Ariana Grande and Lana Del Rey)

Question is which would sound best for my use case? Leaning towards Z1R > 600 > 900 as I prefer darker V shaped sound but also love solo female album (e.g. Love Poem by IU, Pure Heroine by Lorde and Born to Die by Lana Del Rey.) but worried about weight/fit issues since my prior IEMs were single DD and quite small. Can you wear Z1R to bed or will it jab in to your ear?

BTW, heard the DMP-Z1 with IE900/600 and at the time didn't realise it was such a highly revered DAC around here.. then realized it cost ~USD$8k and couldn't believe I was privileged enough to try it.. It was overall neutral, detailed and resolving and I was kinda sad when I plugged in my L&P W2 after that :beyersmile:

Look forward to your expert guidance.. will also try to demo the Z1R soon.

Best,
atoniolin

IMG_5838.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back