SONY IER-Z1R
Jul 29, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #10,696 of 15,367
I see the shape of Xelastec after removed from the ear has no impact on my wearing and listening experience. It changes the shape when the temperature rises to body temperature when you put it into the ear and it is normal for it to retain certain degree of the shape once it is removed from ear. Next time when you wear it will adjust the shape to fit the ear opening again. I never care how it looks during or not during use.

And it is good helping to clean up my ear.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #10,698 of 15,367
I'm trying to decide between the IER-Z1R and AH-D9200, similar price range and I've heard that both of them have excellent bass. I'll only be using a DAP to drive the one I buy so I'm curious, which one to get??
I don’t remember these two ever sounding similar. And their bass response and presentation completely differ too.

Though, I do have to say that both would work fine with a DAP, but do scale well with “better” and more powerful sources.

It’ll depend wether you like an IEM’s or a Closed back headphone’s presentation better.

Aug 5, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #10,699 of 15,367
Hi everyone,

The mmcx assis has already arrived, but it still don't solve my problem. The effects audio mmcx is more recessed than the sony mmcx of stock cable. Have anyone try this tool with third party cable? Thanks in advance.

I'd not advise anyone to use the final mmcx tool on the Z1R - it's simply not designed for a very recessed socket like this.

As everyone knows it I'd be sticking with the insanely good stock cable for the foreseeable future but when I did try rolling cables when I first got my pair I remove cables by wrapping a thin but strong piece of cloth around the mmcx connector of my cable, then use a pair of big quality pliers to apply VERTICAL force (plus a tiny tiny bit of rotation) on the wrapped connector. Try your best NOT to twirl it as it will most likely damage the socket.

I use this method without fail but then it's still quite a hassle. Why do that when you have an insanely good stock cable? I kicked myself for not realizing that sooner LoL

Aug 5, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #10,700 of 15,367
Stock is dreamily good! Better than Sony MUC-M12SB1 Headphone Cable 4.4mm Pentaconn-MMCX.

I'd not advise anyone to use the final mmcx tool on the Z1R - it's simply not designed for a very recessed socket like this.

As everyone knows it I'd be sticking with the insanely good stock cable for the foreseeable future but when I did try rolling cables when I first got my pair I remove cables by wrapping a thin but strong piece of cloth around the mmcx connector of my cable, then use a pair of big quality pliers to apply VERTICAL force (plus a tiny tiny bit of rotation) on the wrapped connector. Try your best NOT to twirl it as it will most likely damage the socket.

I use this method without fail but then it's still quite a hassle. Why do that when you have an insanely good stock cable? I kicked myself for not realizing that sooner LoL

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #10,701 of 15,367
Stock is dreamily good! Better than Sony MUC-M12SB1 Headphone Cable 4.4mm Pentaconn-MMCX.
I agree. And this was with testing at E-Earphone

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #10,702 of 15,367

Thanks for your advice. I also use the pliers and it works well for my Z1r haha. Totally agree with your impression of the stock cable but the EA Code51 is the different experience compare to the stock. Hahaa i know that unfair to compare both, because the price of code 51 is very expensive.

Aug 5, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #10,703 of 15,367
This is the way...for now..
DJI_20210806_003525_33.jpg

Aug 5, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #10,704 of 15,367
Just a heads-up for my fellow in the US, Azla Sednalight Crystals Standard ear tips are available on Amazon.

Hopefully, these will retain the characteristics of Xelastec without messing up my sweet bass.

Aug 6, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #10,706 of 15,367

How does ZX507 pair with IER Z1R? Thinking to get that or HiBy R6 2020.

Aug 9, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #10,710 of 15,367
How does ZX507 pair with IER Z1R? Thinking to get that or HiBy R6 2020.

ZX507 + IER-Z1R is a superb combo, am using that daily for quite a while now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back