SONY IER-Z1R
Aug 3, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #8,356 of 15,277
They don't ship to Mars

10A0DC61-70C0-4BFE-A395-2F1F994D0538.jpeg

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #8,357 of 15,277
I’m meeting with a friend this weekend who is raving about his WF-1000XM3. He’s yet to hear my Z1R, I’ve actually got a feeling they might be closer than I’d like to admit in terms of SQ, I bet the XM3 are 95% of the SQ for 1/10 the price!! Part of me hopes they are close though because I like the idea of a wireless Z1R.
I'm 95% certain the XM3 will fail to meet your expectations. I have both, and I can tell you without any hesitation that the IER-Z1R wipes the floor with the XM3. I won't go into the details since you'll soon be auditioning them yourself, but yes the differences are stark. I only reach for the wireless option when there's a genuine need for noise cancellation or in situations where wire encumbrance isn't allowed or advised.

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #8,358 of 15,277
I’m meeting with a friend this weekend who is raving about his WF-1000XM3. He’s yet to hear my Z1R, I’ve actually got a feeling they might be closer than I’d like to admit in terms of SQ, I bet the XM3 are 95% of the SQ for 1/10 the price!! Part of me hopes they are close though because I like the idea of a wireless Z1R.
Not even close. But that’s not to say the XM3 are bad. I own them and they are better than more people give them credit for as wireless headphones. Amazing sound, but the IER-Z1R is beyond perfect. Wow. Love them both, but the price difference for this case is justified

Aug 4, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #8,359 of 15,277
It all comes down to point of reference. I know people who rave about how good AirPods are for music (they're not) and I used to rave about my Pioneer stacking system in years gone by because I didn't know any better. Wireless headphones are great for convenience but they won't be a patch on the Z1R.

Aug 4, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #8,360 of 15,277
How much want to get one

You can try proxy to get Oyaide Cable from Japan, but you are required to diy.

This was a gift from my friend.

Aug 4, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #8,361 of 15,277
Hi

Can you comment for the cables you own with z1r?

EA Eros II 4.4, EA Ares II 2.5, Satin Audio Medusa 4wire 4.4

Both EA cable is 2 pin.

As for Medusa, it is a good match for non filter mod Z1R. It adds lots more sparkle top end and air, and push the mids touch foward. Bass is tight ans more control.

But as for filter mod. Due to the Sheer resolution and tuning, the highs can be bit too piercing with Medusa. Mids is a bit thin out.

Aug 4, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #8,365 of 15,277
I saw some chatter about cables! A few weeks ago, I got the DUNU Luna IEM and the Blanche Silver cable. Long story short, it's epic. However, I've been using the DUNU Noble cable (that comes in box with Luna) with IER Z1R. This is a perfect cable for the IER as it's incredibly light and low profile. This cable looks smart (and is smart with the multi connector function) and plays the part well. For anyone looking for a great cable for IER Z1R, the Dunu Noble is the one to get.

Or...get a Luna with Blanche and you can use modular cables for both IEMs hahaha

Aug 5, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #8,367 of 15,277
I saw some chatter about cables! A few weeks ago, I got the DUNU Luna IEM and the Blanche Silver cable. Long story short, it's epic. However, I've been using the DUNU Noble cable (that comes in box with Luna) with IER Z1R. This is a perfect cable for the IER as it's incredibly light and low profile. This cable looks smart (and is smart with the multi connector function) and plays the part well. For anyone looking for a great cable for IER Z1R, the Dunu Noble is the one to get.

Or...get a Luna with Blanche and you can use modular cables for both IEMs hahaha

Have you tried the Blanche with the z1r? Any sound changes?

Aug 5, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #8,369 of 15,277
$18 to make you holla!

Ok - I don't think I'm crazy but an $18 cable from Amazon is making my Z1R and WMZ1 sound quite righteous. So much so that I had my talented local friend re-terminate this cheapo cable so it's a little more attractive. What I observe and really like (over the stock cable) is that it seems to extend and tighten the base as well as extend the mid-highs, using the stock hybrid tips. This makes my WMZ1 not as warm and is more to my preferences.

Your mileage might vary but hey it's just $18 to cable roll in this case. The cable is at the below link and there should be a $2 discount coupon available when you add it to your cart:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZQD2Z5H

The cable looks like this stock.

cheapcable.PNG

and my re-worked cable looks like this.

sonydapiem.jpg

and I like the synergy using this cable (with a WM1Z and Z1R) over all my other cables...

cabletree.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back