SONY IER-Z1R
Feb 16, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #6,587 of 15,280
Feb 17, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #6,590 of 15,280
I did a surgery to Stock IER Z1R cables to 2.5mm

I can confirm why it is so good

1/ 4 conductors braided tightly with silk fibers between braids. Very high quality of Copper and silver plated.

2/ Cotton-like wrap for the whole body to further eliminate microphonic

3/ Outter Sleeve is Cotton Fiber body

4/ jackets is soft PTE like, not sure what materials but also meant to minimize micro phonics

The material you call cotton-like is silk, I’m pretty sure? Is that plug rhodium covered?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #6,591 of 15,280
I did a surgery to Stock IER Z1R cables to 2.5mm

I can confirm why it is so good

1/ 4 conductors braided tightly with silk fibers between braids. Very high quality of Copper and silver plated.

2/ Cotton-like wrap for the whole body to further eliminate microphonic

3/ Outter Sleeve is Cotton Fiber body

4/ jackets is soft PTE like, not sure what materials but also meant to minimize micro phonics
9750F830-2D25-4FEF-905A-8A52A18B5B11.jpeg

I'm 110% in agreement on how good the stock Z1R cable is.

I have been playing around with cables the last couple of days rotating between 1960, Horus and stock with the Z1R and 1Z.

The Horus has great technical strengths; bass, separation and imaging wowed me... But... it was also reference and analytical which took away some of the fun. good for critical listening.

The 1960s and the stock cable were really close. Both were organic, smooth and musical. They made me wanna move with the music. 1960s were slightly more resolving and incremental improvements in other areas vs the stock cable but there is really not that much between them.

Hats off to Sony again for excellent product design.

Feb 17, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #6,592 of 15,280
I'm 110% in agreement on how good the stock Z1R cable is.

I have been playing around with cables the last couple of days rotating between 1960, Horus and stock with the Z1R and 1Z.

The Horus has great technical strengths; bass, separation and imaging wowed me... But... it was also reference and analytical which took away some of the fun. good for critical listening.

The 1960s and the stock cable were really close. Both were organic, smooth and musical. They made me wanna move with the music. 1960s were slightly more resolving and incremental improvements in other areas vs the stock cable but there is really not that much between them.

Hats off to Sony again for excellent product design.

Great to hear considering the Horus costs more than the IEM itself.

Feb 17, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #6,598 of 15,280
Could be especially since Crutchfield doesn't have them since beginning of Feb and they are the official dealer of the Sony IEMs in USA.

2XDD
2XBA on the way maybe?

Feb 17, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #6,599 of 15,280
2XDD
2XBA on the way maybe?

haha, maybe. But given Sony's track record, I doubt they are onto anything new. They take their sweet time.

Also, it's strange because my one has serial number 6xxx. I don't think they even sold these over 7000 units. That would be a big number for Campfire but for Sony, it's nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back