Dec 1, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #6,018 of 15,280
Crazy I sold my ier-z1r already lol.

They been taken from my hands asap. LoL

:clap::clap::clap:

Dec 1, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #6,019 of 15,280
Dec 1, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #6,020 of 15,280
Dec 1, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #6,024 of 15,280
@whiti
Which of the next IEM you are using after sold your Z1R ?

Tia trio and plussound gold plated silver cable.
With wm1z

Dec 1, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #6,026 of 15,280
My current stable is the Z1R on my bedstand, and the Tia Trio in my briefcase. The latter does amazingly well with Tidal straight out of my phone (need foam tips, though, to keep it in balance).

To my ears trio fits better my desired sound signature.
It also paires nicely with wm1z.
Trio is a more fun tuning then z1r.
It has less treble spike also more forward mids, I love the trio presentation its louder and more prominent vs z1r.
I give an edge to z1r on bass layering and textures plus a bit more details.
But trio offers in exchange a bigger slam and if paired with very highend cable it transforms it into refined graphite analog sound, really addictive.

Also trio is a little more thicker and warmer to.

Z1r is for folks who want noble audiophile tuning for classical, jazz, guitars and all live instruments.
But I find it to bright to my liking with wm1z....

But trio fixed my treble spike annoyance and fills the live with edm music better!

They are bothe very high end iems and extremely capable...

I do find trio tia tubeless high treble extension more appealing !
Again with a proper cable and wm1z oh my goodness!
Z1r effect is like small little needles pinching.
Trio is thicker but also have nice zing and decay....

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #6,027 of 15,280
Any users with smaller ears that have found successful fit / comfort with these?
For now the most large I went with is Andromeda. I'm really interested in Sony's offerings but I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to get a comfy fit and I can't find any demo nearby

Dec 3, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #6,028 of 15,280
Have u used any Sony in ears recently that gave you a good fit with the included tips? If yes, the eartips of those would fit on Z1R.

Sony includes some
small white tips with the Z1R which should fit the smallest of ears. If not you can always buy comply tips (small size).

Any users with smaller ears that have found successful fit / comfort with these?
For now the most large I went with is Andromeda. I'm really interested in Sony's offerings but I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to get a comfy fit and I can't find any demo nearby

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #6,029 of 15,280
Have u used any Sony in ears recently that gave you a good fit with the included tips? If yes, the eartips of those would fit on Z1R.

Sony includes some
small white tips with the Z1R which should fit the smallest of ears. If not you can always buy comply tips (small size).

I use sony triple comforts on RHA CL2 so ear canal wise i'll be fine I believe.
More worried about the external fit of the shell in a small / tiny concha area that barely holds the andromeda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back