SONY IER-Z1R
Apr 20, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #11,836 of 15,307
This is close to becoming a permanent setup! :ksc75smile:
Sony-PW 4.jpg
What cable ate you using in your Z1R? I switched to a Lavri cables Grand Pure silver and o hear exactly what you describe worh your 1Z + c9 on my DMP-Z1

Apr 20, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #11,837 of 15,307
Thank you, those are the types of improvements I'd like to hear if I get a C9, plus I believe it would add the necessary power to properly drive the MDR-Z1R with the 1Z. It's between a C9 and a TA-ZH1ES.
I haven't heard the C9 but have seen positive reviews and in the back of my mind considered a portable/transportable unit like this instead of being tethered to a desktop.
But then I remind myself of what I have the pleasure of owning, the TA-ZH1ES signature series headphone amplifier.
It is a handsome looking unit that will make you proud every time you see it on your desk.
It has more outputs than you will probably ever use, but provides the flexibility if you ever spot a bargain quality cable with a different termination.
The remote is very handy.
Sony synergy is a term I've used a lot but have sometimes questioned, but from having owned the 1A and now the 1Z can say that the TA-ZH1ES pairs very well with both the Z1Rs. I sold my MDR-Z1R as iems suit me more and I favoured the IER sound - for me the IER-Z1R paired with the TA-ZH1ES is one I can highly recommend.
The C9 might be a better unit for your needs and may be a better synergy for you ears and iems/headphones, I'm just giving the TA-ZH1ES 2 thumbs up.

Apr 20, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #11,838 of 15,307
I haven't heard the C9 but have seen positive reviews and in the back of my mind considered a portable/transportable unit like this instead of being tethered to a desktop.
But then I remind myself of what I have the pleasure of owning, the TA-ZH1ES signature series headphone amplifier.
It is a handsome looking unit that will make you proud every time you see it on your desk.
It has more outputs than you will probably ever use, but provides the flexibility if you ever spot a bargain quality cable with a different termination.
The remote is very handy.
Sony synergy is a term I've used a lot but have sometimes questioned, but from having owned the 1A and now the 1Z can say that the TA-ZH1ES pairs very well with both the Z1Rs. I sold my MDR-Z1R as iems suit me more and I favoured the IER sound - for me the IER-Z1R paired with the TA-ZH1ES is one I can highly recommend.
The C9 might be a better unit for your needs and may be a better synergy for you ears and iems/headphones, I'm just giving the TA-ZH1ES 2 thumbs up.
Thanks, in my mind the TA-ZH1ES is an easy choice. The only downside (for me) is lack of portability, which I enjoy. I'll be testing the C9 soon, and it will have to be very impressive to justify the cost. If it isn't impressive enough, I'll seek out a good condition Tazzy for sure.

Apr 20, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #11,839 of 15,307
What cable ate you using in your Z1R? I switched to a Lavri cables Grand Pure silver and o hear exactly what you describe worh your 1Z + c9 on my DMP-Z1
I'm actually using the PW 1960's stock Traillii cable. I'm using the First Times with the Traillii, so I thought I would give it a try, and it really made the Z1R's notes meatier and smoother without losing detail. IMO, I swear it also adds depth to the soundstage, compared to the Z1R stock cable, which is fine in it's own right. I'd love to hear the DMP-Z1, by the way. I use the poor man's DMP-Z1! LOL
Sony software 3-2022.jpg

Apr 20, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #11,840 of 15,307
I'm actually using the PW 1960's stock Traillii cable. I'm using the First Times with the Traillii, so I thought I would give it a try, and it really made the Z1R's notes meatier and smoother without losing detail. IMO, I swear it also adds depth to the soundstage, compared to the Z1R stock cable, which is fine in it's own right. I'd love to hear the DMP-Z1, by the way. I use the poor man's DMP-Z1! LOL
Sony software 3-2022.jpg
Pk i toughr tou were talking about MSR-Z1R

Apr 21, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #11,842 of 15,307
Plussound X6 copper cable arrived today. Comfort is largely improved. Now the Z1R completely disappear. Bluffing.

Sound? Let’s wait a bit before dropping any statement. I have the impressions that vocals have more weight to them.

0F8EF827-426E-44C6-8EDC-F7E0CEDE9127.jpeg

Apr 23, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #11,844 of 15,307

Checking in with my new Z1R
Welcome to the club! The Z1R loves driving power and tubes !!
16FDD529-94DD-4BF6-9CBB-CC4178046728.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #11,845 of 15,307
With Z1R for the second days, surprised to see that SpinFit CP100-M fits both Z1R and Monarch OG pretty well. Still in the process of tip rolling.

Apr 26, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #11,848 of 15,307
Got my pure silver cable, Lavricables wires, OeAudio terminator + bispa connectors special for z1r. Crafted by a local master from amazing company Kennerton audio. Light like a feather and stunning sounding cable

Attachments

• 9C93ADE3-B26A-4CFC-999D-26A09AEFB029.jpeg
    9C93ADE3-B26A-4CFC-999D-26A09AEFB029.jpeg
    791.5 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back