SONY IER-Z1R
Oct 9, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #8,956 of 15,275
Since I am worried if I connect my mmcx Trn b20s onto my Sony they will get stuck and broken when removing.....I just use my Qudilex.

Qudilex 5k has the best extended subbass presentation that can rival daps despite being wireless. Highly recommended with the ier-z1r. For bass presentation the Qudilex is a dap killer. (of course this is referring to using the lossless codecs like LDAC)

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #8,957 of 15,275
You can always get the Fiio uBTR to try out. It's only $20 on Amazon. Always test it out yourself before committing to one idea. It's subjective after all :)

Whether you can hear the difference and if the difference is worth it as a trade off. It's one interesting aspect of this hobby... At least it is to me :)
Yep gotta try to know :)

thanks

Oct 9, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #8,959 of 15,275
Qudilex 5k has the best extended subbass presentation that can rival daps despite being wireless. Highly recommended with the ier-z1r. For bass presentation the Qudilex is a dap killer. (of course this is referring to using the lossless codecs like LDAC)

Try E1DA 9038S, the detail and sub-bass is clean.

Oct 9, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #8,960 of 15,275
I got both, they have the same bass presentation. the E1da has the better treble presentation, but can be harsh with some iems.

Both surprise me of their bass presentation being better than most daps.

Oct 9, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #8,961 of 15,275
I got both, they have the same bass presentation. the E1da has the better treble presentation, but can be harsh with some iems.

Both surprise me of their bass presentation being better than most daps.
are you going to look into the upcoming Fiio TWS adapter as well? They're straight connectors so shouldn't be a problem with IER-Z1R.

Also, are you using stock cable with Qudilex 5K or balanced 2.5mm?

Oct 9, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #8,962 of 15,275
I am using the 4.4mm stock cable with an adapter for 2.5mm. (ddhifi adapter)

Oct 9, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #8,964 of 15,275
Any buyers out there finding that supply is starting to improve? Finding these new in the U.S. was elusive over the summer months, IME.
Keep your eye on Moon Audio. They get them in periodically. I got mine from there a month or so ago and I'm sure they'll be back in before too long. You won't regret it. These iems are awesome, even at this price.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #8,965 of 15,275
Any buyers out there finding that supply is starting to improve? Finding these new in the U.S. was elusive over the summer months, IME.
Stock is always low because they're just that good.

Oct 11, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #8,969 of 15,275
So are U and V shaped sound signatures supposed to have unsatisfactory mids innately? I see so many headphones and iems described as either V or U shaped that I thought being U shaped is actually a good thing and what balanced is. An owner on reddit claims that the treble can be a problem, so treble sensitive people beware.

Why do people not make very expensive headphones and iems always balanced and tick off every checkmark box? These Sony engineers seem like the real deal and yet it's the same old same old. How would a poor fit create hot treble? I thought only the bass gets neutered.

Well, you just described the Sony IER M9. It sounded really balanced and natural with little-to-no coloration. IMO, the M9 sound more accurate and lifelike especially the vocal sound but can be boring sometimes when you listen to it but hey, its designed for monitoring at the end of the day... Z1R is more of a fun V shaped iem that brings the music alive

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #8,970 of 15,275
Well, you just described the Sony IER M9. It sounded really balanced and natural with little-to-no coloration. IMO, the M9 sound more accurate and lifelike especially the vocal sound but can be boring sometime when you listen to it but hey, its designed for monitoring at the end of the day... Z1R is more of a fun V shaped iem that brings the music alive
agree with this statement, also M7 is flat like M9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back