SONY IER-Z1R
Oct 14, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #166 of 15,280
You'll be waiting a long time. The IER-Z1R will be the IEM flagship for at least 4 years, maybe more.
I think the IER-Z1R will last about 6-7 year, many Japan made tends stay in the market for a long time, the E484 at least 8 years and EX1000 about 8 years.

BTW, a brand EX1000 can be had for about 150000 yen, before that it was available for low as 35000 yen, that when the EX1000 announced discontinued, it was like a few weeks ago.

Oct 15, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #167 of 15,280
Does anyone know the return policy for Amazon if I were to purchase these and they were uncomfortable? I do not like to return things if possible especially for an item that costs so much as I feel that I would be screwing over the seller by returning an item that they could no longer sell as new, but Amazon seems to be the only company that would allow a return. I've heard of people getting banned for returning too many items or something that costs a lot and I do not want to jeopardize my Amazon account, but I do not want to be stuck with them or lose money if I feel that they are too heavy and uncomfortable to wear them for a few hours. I'm also thinking of using an amp with the hugo 2 as I bet these would be even better with more juice pushing them.

Oct 15, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #168 of 15,280
I checked IER-Z1R is on pre-order at amazon.com and this says ships on dec 1st (and oh yeah this can ship to France :p)

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #170 of 15,280
maybe a good price would be possible to find at the black friday.

I don't see that happening on a newly released Sony model but who knows...

Oct 15, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #174 of 15,280
Oct 15, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #175 of 15,280
I really need to know if it's ok returning this to amazon. I've only returned things under $100. Maybe I'll just wait for more reviews and keep calling my local sony store if they have it and if I can try it. There's some things that they keep on display and I don't think they will let you touch it or use it.

Oct 15, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #176 of 15,280
I really need to know if it's ok returning this to amazon. I've only returned things under $100. Maybe I'll just wait for more reviews and keep calling my local sony store if they have it and if I can try it. There's some things that they keep on display and I don't think they will let you touch it or use it.

I used to dread the U.S and German markets. The return rates for consumer electronics is always sky high with non faulty returns. Makes it easy for the consumers, but in the long run these gets amortised into the cost of goods sold.

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #177 of 15,280
I used to dread the U.S and German markets. The return rates for consumer electronics is always sky high with non faulty returns. Makes it easy for the consumers, but in the long run these gets amortised into the cost of goods sold.

Amazon is usually good about returns, but I don't know if the policy is different with electronics. I could always say they were too painful or think of another reason. I really would hate to do that, but if my store doesn't get these in to at least try on to see if they are comfortable enough for me then I'll have to wait til I can make it out to a meet which is hard as I'm semi disabled or buy from Amazon. Too bad costco won't get these. lol. They ask no questions when returning items.

EDIT: Amazon will allow returns in 30 days as long as it is from them and not a vendor which doesn't look good as I doubt Amazon are selling these themselves. I'll have to check once they are available who fulfills the order. Right now it says Amazon is, but I'll double check in December.

https://www.rather-be-shopping.com/blog/2017/04/11/amazon-return-policy/

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #179 of 15,280
Amazon will take any return, the price or item does not matter.
In Germany they do also with high price item. Often the items than land in the Warehouse Deals. I got my WM1A for 760 Euro that way. Mint condition but packaging was really in bad shape.
As for the headphones this can be tricky, they could define them as hygiene item. I did order and send back neckband Sony headphones and they have accepted without issue.

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:59 AM Post #180 of 15,280
9BCB1491-126B-4B28-B227-8D6BA09C1C53.jpeg
63B4773B-C8CB-4BED-B5BE-47EC4E212016.jpeg

They do look a little blingy but, it’s not like folks are probibly going to wear them out in public. The farthest out in public they would go would probably be a coffee shop? But that said the material seems like it will hold up. We will not see scratches like the Z5. My Z5s have held up fine, but they stay in a case and don’t go anywhere.

The aftermarket Kimber Kable is not going to have the over ear guide. I’ve seen one picture and still it looked to stay in place. I have a feeling these are going to have much more forward mids than the Z5? And being they don’t even come out till December there is going to be a lot of speculation. It’s funny that Sony just doesn’t ship a couple out to reviewers? In depth reviews are going to spur the ordering process, but I guess that’s not Sony style. At least we don’t have to read candy coated reviews by reviewers with free headphones?

Still I seem to have not found one good review, though it may be that show environments just don’t lend to one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back