SONY IER-Z1R
Feb 17, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #15,047 of 15,289
Sadly Z1R doesn't even fit into my ear canals with Coreir size S. They just hang there, which is not a good thing for Z1R.
I have to use the L to even get a seal and previous LL on the Final E tips and then they still go super deep. I have huge lug holes, my custom JH13 shells are about same size or slightly larger that the Z1R house

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #15,048 of 15,289
I have both, and I think :

Wm1zM2 >>> Dx320 + Amp 11.2s
DX 320 + Amp 13 >>>>>>> Wm1zM2

I'm curious about RS8 also
Yeah, my Amp11.2 pretty much stayed in the box after Amp 14 arrived. 😅 I lean towards musicality vs analytIcal sound.

I like Amp13 on IER for tracks with forward female vocals and instrumentals especially piano heavy tracks, but I do think Amp14 has better technicalities (eg wider soundstaging, imaging). I attritubute this to the lower background noise / hiss. Amp13 is one of the first cards where I can hear hiss even on the lower power port (left one) - on the higher power port the hiss is too distracting for me on IER.

I do find it interesting you think DX320+AM13 >>>>> 1ZM2, care to say more for IER pairing?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #15,049 of 15,289
I have to confess that I've never had the opportunity to hear Amp 14 - partly coz Twister6 repported that 14 was closer to 11 than 13 , and I wasn't motivated to replicate my bad experience with it

What I've found with 13 is big holographic stage, and also very textured sound.
It's not wide and thus, thin, but wide and full of detail in the texture

The sound is very smooth, people usually tell "warmish" for bassy , but Amp 13 is smooth (and not boring at all)

The cherry on the cake is the synth - all music with synth is just a big big joy.

Edit : sorry I didn't rode well for the IER, it's a IEM I would very much like to try, but not available in my country.
I have IE 900, and with Sony it's a bit more punchy, it's true , but with DX it's a lot wider and smoother.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #15,050 of 15,289
Just bought the official 4.4mm stock cable, and then bought the Brise Audio BSEP cable, should make up mind for BSEP sooner, I have already bought 4 upgrade cables for Z1R. Lesson learned: always go to the best choice, you will end up there anyway, so just save your $$ to buy those less than best choices.

Just looked up this cable and man it’s nice but I can’t bring myself to spend that much on it when the stock ones work very well for me.

Feb 18, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #15,051 of 15,289
Just looked up this cable and man it’s nice but I can’t bring myself to spend that much on it when the stock ones work very well for me.
I have to wait for almost 3 months at least for it to ship since Brise Audio is backlogged. Will share if the cable worth it or not.

Feb 18, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #15,053 of 15,289
Hello all, just joined the party! Has anyone ever tried the AZLA SednaEarfitLight Short tips with the Z1R?

I think they're incredible tips that make the bass kick like a mule, and fortify the upper midrange of any set they're on. I'm curious if anyone has tried those, and has a better recommendation.

Feb 19, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #15,054 of 15,289
Hello all, just joined the party! Has anyone ever tried the AZLA SednaEarfitLight Short tips with the Z1R?

I think they're incredible tips that make the bass kick like a mule, and fortify the upper midrange of any set they're on. I'm curious if anyone has tried those, and has a better recommendation.
I do, but for me the regular azla sedna light short (white translucent umbrella with blue stem right?) Still cant make perfect seal like maybe azla sedna crystal (same shape, different material). You can try that one if you like, but personally I'm settled with pentaconn coreir

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:03 AM Post #15,055 of 15,289

Those short tips are nice, but since those, I moved, a month ago, to AZLA SednaEarfit MAX ASMR which can be deeply inserted on the IER Z1R nozzles, with more or less same sound quality impact ..... but they far more comfortable inside the ear canal for me... really worth to give a try.
Actually I ordered some Spinfit Omni which look promising too for my ear canal with a 8.4mm heigh and 14mm large ..this should allow a rather deep insertion of the IER Z1R and should avoid the IEM to hang on unfortunately like it does with the courier brass does in my ears.. I am not sure anything would offer the comfort of the Max ASMR.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #15,057 of 15,289
Wish I could buy Upgrade from XBA Z5 to IER Z1R but wallet and fit are problematic for me :sweat_smile:
Z5 is the only iem ever I could not get a good fit with

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #15,059 of 15,289
Hi everyone, I have 14 individual unopened Sony Large size of the Hybrid silicon tips if anyone is interested. They retail for $5.95 (USD) each plus shipping but I'll (USPS) Priority Mail anyone interested all 14 for $39. Must be in the domestic USA however.

Feb 20, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #15,060 of 15,289
Does anybody have the 1-case solution for mdr-z1r + dap + iem?

i want to buy a peli 1550 or 1600 in order to put my mdr-z1r, wm1zm2 and ier-z1r in it. when i travel, i would like to have these in 1 case in my car. So far, i have individual cases for each solution at home. This is fine as well. But i think a 1-case solution is more convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back