SONY IER-Z1R
Jun 13, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #3,316 of 15,280
I feel the same way about wanting to turn it up compared to other iems. I think there is a slight recess in the upper mids that maybe I try to bring forward to an enjoyable listening level. Even doing so, the rest of the spectrum is so distortion free (depending on the source of course) that it doesn't seem uncomfortable to listen at higher levels. Though I still try to keep it dialed back for the sake of my hearing!
So give us a number with the wm1z.

Jun 13, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #3,317 of 15,280
Jun 14, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #3,318 of 15,280
Ha, I will do 85 at high gain on 4.4

Jun 14, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #3,322 of 15,280
Seriously, listen safely, people. Hearing damage can easily be permanent, and you WILL be sorry. This hobby has brought me lots of joy, but also tinnitus and hyperacusis, and it's not great, to say the least.
On the other hand, whatever you do with your portable gear doesn't come close to being at a rock concert.

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #3,323 of 15,280
Hi guys owners of the IER-Z1R. What setup you use when commuting? Sue to the looks I get from certain people here while riding the Bus , S-Bahn and U-Bahn (subway) I plan to go less flashy f.e instead of wm1A buy an used Nwz-A15 and leave the 1A at home. Ssme for the headphones get some cheap KZ and leave the blingy IER-Z1R at home

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #3,324 of 15,280
On the other hand, whatever you do with your portable gear doesn't come close to being at a rock concert.

Not true, you can get stupidly loud with portable gear now a days, and you can do something about that concert sound pressure too actually.
That’s why I wear a pair of Fitear custom earplugs to concerts now to reduce the sound pressure to protect my hearing. It made concerts so much more enjoyable because I can still feel the bass but my ears no longer ring after.

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #3,325 of 15,280
That is deaf territory, I can barely pass 3 on high gain
Are you talking about 3 of 120 on the volume pot on the 1Z? If that is the case then it doesn’t matter what iems you listen to, the phone doesn’t even open up for you to listen to the full range especially the bass range.

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #3,326 of 15,280
Also I mostly listen to vocal and not loud rock or metal, I enjoy listening to the different tone and inflection in an artist voice and hence the louder volume. Low level listening is like elevator music to me, they do not engage me, no immersion.

Jun 14, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #3,327 of 15,280
Hi guys owners of the IER-Z1R. What setup you use when commuting? Sue to the looks I get from certain people here while riding the Bus , S-Bahn and U-Bahn (subway) I plan to go less flashy f.e instead of wm1A buy an used Nwz-A15 and leave the 1A at home. Ssme for the headphones get some cheap KZ and leave the blingy IER-Z1R at home
KZ-ATE, $13 USD, SQ for the price is amazing! And at that price, they're as close to disposable as you can get. Forget them on the subway, no big deal! LOL

Jun 14, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #3,328 of 15,280

I'd suggest getting a Final E1000 over the KZ. IMO it's a better budget IEM, and you get a full set of Final E-type tips as well.

Jun 14, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #3,329 of 15,280
It's your call, but I doubt you'll get raped over some audio gear that only you know the cost of anywhere in Germany. Maybe the looks you're getting are because you're such a cutie and no pleb audio gear will save you from those looks.

I had a good look at myself in the mirror the other day, wearing the z1r and there's no doubt in my mind that I look like a complete dufus with those cans in my ears, but to hell with it, I didn't pay what I paid to worry about what others might think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back