SONY IER-Z1R
Jun 10, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #3,271 of 15,290
Actually they do ship in the same style of brown outer box, only it isn't packed individually, unlike the ZH1ES, so the retailers have to repack it themselves when selling.

That’s what the boxes look like at the factory, like group headphone box’s... for the Z1R?

Jun 10, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #3,273 of 15,290
Have you seen them on sale anywhere?
No, I just read it in the z1r manual. You should contact a Sony distributor near you.

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #3,275 of 15,290
I've contacted a few in the past few months, and they said not available.
That sucks. Maybe we should write Sony an email to ask "what's up?"

Jun 10, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #3,278 of 15,290
The black Triple Comfort ear tips are available on eBay in S, M, L. I just ordered some Mediums. The model number is EP-TC50M.
So are the older style hybrids. That's not the point... I've mentioned it a bunch of times now. For Triple Comforts the sizes SS, MS, ML, LL are not available. For older hybrids (EP-EX11) the sizes MS and ML are not available. Given that I find SS and MS to be the best sizes for me this is a problem. Especially when it comes to the Triple Comforts which would need to be replaced far more often.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #3,279 of 15,290
So are the older style hybrids. That's not the point... I've mentioned it a bunch of times now. For Triple Comforts the sizes SS, MS, ML, LL are not available. For older hybrids (EP-EX11) the sizes MS and ML are not available. Given that I find SS and MS to be the best sizes for me this is a problem. Especially when it comes to the Triple Comforts which would need to be replaced far more often.

Yup, it sucks for those who need the "odd" sizes. Luckily M works for me.

Jun 10, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #3,280 of 15,290
Interesting.....there is a big spread between our serial numbers? My model is #124.
0124, nice binary series... I would kill for a serial like that. Ok, maybe not kill, but pay $20 extra. :)

Don't know for sure, but this looks like a pretty sturdy design, so I'm guessing you're good to go!
g158IERZ1R-o_other0-1.jpg
Thanks, but that's not how support groups work. You were supposed to say: "Don't be a crazy idiot, it's super mega OBVIOUS that you have the best built z1r in existence and everything proves it beyond any doubt..." etc. etc. :)

LOL, the same thing happened to me.
You mean opening the box the wrong way, or also the IEM case falling to the floor? Any issues so far?

Jun 10, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #3,281 of 15,290
0124, nice binary series... I would kill for a serial like that. Ok, maybe not kill, but pay $20 extra. :)

Thanks, but that's not how support groups work. You were supposed to say: "Don't be a crazy idiot, it's super mega OBVIOUS that you have the best built z1r in existence and everything proves it beyond any doubt..." etc. etc. :)

You mean opening the box the wrong way, or also the IEM case falling to the floor? Any issues so far?
Don't be a crazy idiot, it's super mega OBVIOUS that you have the best built z1r in existence and everything proves it beyond any doubt...

And don't even think about those tiny, tiny scratches you got on them when they banged together. Really, I'm sure you can barely see them from across the room.

Jun 10, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #3,282 of 15,290
Don't be a crazy idiot, it's super mega OBVIOUS that you have the best built z1r in existence and everything proves it beyond any doubt...
That's better! :)
And don't even think about those tiny, tiny scratches you got on them when they banged together. Really, I'm sure you can barely see them from across the room.
Luckily I already checked with a watchmaker's loupe an there are no scratches. Maybe they didn't even bang into each other... that whole event has become such a blur. But nice try. :p

Jun 11, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #3,285 of 15,290
IEM case falling to my desk and finally fall to the floor. No issues so far.
Ah, so I guess the case stayed closed for you.
I really like the case and would like to used in for its intended purpose, but I need some way to ensure it doesn't open accidentally (the magnet is nowhere near strong enough). I'm thinking about using a rubber band like some people use for amp stacks. The only other concern is that there isn't a lot of padding on the inside, it feels quite hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back