Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
Jan 17, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #3,077 of 3,155
Hahaha, ok...500 euros for mint condition, hm...but you are in Nottingham. That means I am paying importing taxes, and it's not worth it : (

If I am a hardcore fan of the Forest, I would consider the offer...but...no :)

Thanks!

Hmm, I like Nottingham Forest on second thought.

Cheers!
Forest Vs Blackpool tonight, FA cup replay 😃

Not mint, but good, 600 euros... plus taxes

Jan 17, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #3,078 of 3,155
IInstead of that, your perspective...the other truth is...Sony is insanely hard to deal with.

You just wrote so much contradictive stuff...but that's not important,...what I asked was simple...does anyone know the store where you can buy M9?

Yes or no. Simple as that...I didn't ask for philosophy :wink:
Enjoy M9...I will look at ChiFi in the same quality range; they are easier to deal with.

Cheers!
In Europe they are, for sure.

Sony has no interest in selling the IER-M9 to you so you are absolutely right to not buy it from them.

There are very good alternatives. Some of them sadly are only sold in Japan (like the TG335), but you could for example buy the Vision Ears VE8 which is an absolutely excellent IEM.

Also the Westone Mach 70 is an excellent alternative to the IER-M9

As no professional musician uses Chifi, there is no Chifi alternative to the IER-M9. The Moondrop S8 and/or FiiO FA9 are pretty good, but nowhere close to the Mach70/VE8/TG335/IER-M9 and similar.

So rather than wasting your money on ChiFi i'd recommend to look for other big brands who care about the small, but existing, European market.

The new Andromeda Emerald Sea is also an excellent choice. So there are quite some alternatives to the IER-M9.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #3,080 of 3,155
In Europe they are, for sure.

Sony has no interested in selling the IER-M9 to you so you are absolutely right to not buy it from them.

There are very good alternatives. Some of them sadly are only sold in Japan (like the TG335), but you could for example buy the Vision Ears VE8 which is an absolutely excellent IEM.

Also the Westone Mach 70 is an excellent alternative to the IER-M9

As no professional musician uses Chifi, there is no Chifi alternative to the IER-M9. The Moondrop S8 and/or FiiO FA9 are pretty good, but nowhere close to the Mach70/VE8/TG335/IER-M9 and similar.

So rather than wasting your money on ChiFi i'd recommend to look for other big brands who care about the small, but existing, European market.

The new Andromeda Emerald Sea is also an excellent choice. So there are quite some polo alternatives to the IER-M9.
Shush, I'm trying to make a sale here 🤪

Ps there are no alternatives to the ier-m9.....sale cancelled!

Jan 17, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #3,081 of 3,155
Enjoy M9...I will look at ChiFi in the same quality range; they are easier to deal with.

Let me know if you find something similar to M9 in the ChiFi world so that I recommend it to others.

I have only heard the Audiosense DT200 which is very good for the price but not at all in the same level. Not even compared to IER-M7.

Jan 17, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #3,083 of 3,155
Let me know if you find something similar to M9 in the ChiFi world so that I recommend it to others.

I have only heard the Audiosense DT200 which is very good for the price but not at all in the same level. Not even compared to IER-M7.
You have plenty of reviewers here on Head-Fi who could do that better than me. I am just an individual addicted to music...I wouldn't know that.
I have been a fan of the SONY brand since the '80s...when, at the time, the place where I lived, it was untouchable in many ways.
I can afford it now.
So, I am just a nostalgic soul :wink:

Cheers!

Jan 17, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #3,084 of 3,155
Aw that sucks

It’s the best stock cable I’ve owned personally, for my smaller ears it’s perfect. Hope you find a solution that works!
I got this Effect Audio cable from the classifieds section. The mmcx is a little wobbly but it’s secure enough. The ear hooks keep the IEMs more secure in my ears and the cable has a nice feel to it.
IMG_0436.jpeg

Jan 17, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #3,085 of 3,155
If I were you, I would buy IER-M9 in Japan, e.g. at Amazon. Buying any Chi-Fi IEM is the same as burning money in the fireplace.

Bought mine almost 2 years ago there but right now (guess already last year) Amazon did'nt ship it to europe anymore.

My 2cent about the M9 :sweat_smile: a nice IEM that is light and comfy too with excellent BA bass (quality) and none really weaknesses overall.

That being said it's perhaps also his biggest drawback that the M9 is too 'well-behaved' for some people that are looking for some highlight in one characteristic while that can results in weakness within another.

Alright, the M9 is 'power hungry' too and to avoid possible vacuum effect requiring foam tips that not everybody likes.

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #3,086 of 3,155
Getting the IER M9 this weekend or next week in Japan.

Gonna try them in e-earphones store then pair them with zx707 (also japanese)

Anything specific to look after? :D

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #3,087 of 3,155

Take your own tips?

None of the supplied tips were of any use to me. No seal, way too small.

Do Japanese have small ear canals or do I have 2 lane tunnels? 🤪

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #3,088 of 3,155

Look for some used one to save some money if you don't mind it. Japanese used IEMs tend to be at a good condition and e-earphone sell them, with the ablity to try them beforehand too. Much safer than a blind used purchese online

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:47 AM Post #3,089 of 3,155
For used ones I see they only have B and C rank (C look pretty bad, B are okish but meh they're scratched). Given the downturn of JPY and comparing the price in Europe, I think it's worth to get them new :k701smile:
I'm shocked how cheap is everything now (for us, the outsiders) but my family is complaining about the living situation cos prices feel harsh for them :frowning2:

About the tips, other sony tips worked for me (medium size), but I'm just a below average sized gaijin :ksc75smile:

Jan 18, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #3,090 of 3,155

these iems are very choosy with tips, I tried a lot before I found the ones right for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back