Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
Jan 18, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #3,091 of 3,178
For used ones I see they only have B and C rank (C look pretty bad, B are okish but meh they're scratched). Given the downturn of JPY and comparing the price in Europe, I think it's worth to get them new :k701smile:
I'm shocked how cheap is everything now (for us, the outsiders) but my family is complaining about the living situation cos prices feel harsh for them :frowning2:

About the tips, other sony tips worked for me (medium size), but I'm just a below average sized gaijin :ksc75smile:
A rank pop every other week. Just be patient.

They key thing is checking the status of the tuning foam.

As for the peeling, it sadly has the same fate as the XBA-Z5.

Jan 26, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #3,092 of 3,178
I just listened to the Song AnimaZ from ステミレイツ and oh my god this again showed me how awesome the bass on the IER-M9 is.

It goes down straight to the bottom of the hell while staying perfectly clear, just insane.

And of course, while doing this incredible bass presentation, it does all other frequencies perfectly well

Jan 27, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #3,093 of 3,178
Question regarding Comply TZ-200/TRZ-200 tips: does the TechDefender filter interfere with their ability to slide down all the way to the bottom of the nozzle on the IER-M9, or is it high enough to not make contact with the top of the nozzle whatsoever?

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #3,094 of 3,178
I just received them.

It goes all the way and there’s 1-1.5mm between the techdefender and the nozzle.

And OMG they’re good and it does indeed makes the sound much better.

Jan 27, 2024 at 2:03 AM Post #3,095 of 3,178
AnimaZ from ステミレイツ
Uuh this is very nice :D

But I still have the yodobashi song in my head 😆 I went today in the morning in akiba after a long night out in Shinjuku and I think I fried my brain haha. At least I didn’t purchase all Pokémons (this time)

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #3,096 of 3,178
Uuh this is very nice :D

But I still have the yodobashi song in my head 😆 I went today in the morning in akiba after a long night out in Shinjuku and I think I fried my brain haha. At least I didn’t purchase all Pokémons (this time)
So you bought them directly in Japan?

Jan 28, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #3,100 of 3,178
Where can I find comply tz200? And what’s the difference between that and trz200 and tx200? I’m in the US.

The TZ200 and TX200 are the same, Comply just changed the naming for some reason. The TRZ is the round version, TOZ the oval...

TW, TWR and TWo are the True Wireless versions...

Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 2.15.31 PM.png

Jan 28, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #3,102 of 3,178
Thanks! Do they really help with pressure build up?

Yes, at least with the IER-M9 (for me). I generally use silicon tips on my other IEMs but the IER doesn't seem to vent at all and I can feel the pressure. I don't particularly care for the durability of Comply tips though...

Jan 29, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #3,103 of 3,178
Thanks! Do they really help with pressure build up?
Yes, but all foam will do. As they let through air, they help with pressure issues while inserting, with the pressure issues appearing over time while wearing, improving isolation and also protect your eardrum from the pneumatic pressure while listening.

The pretty much solve all pressure related issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back