Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
Oct 25, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #2,267 of 3,201
Does anyone know if that sort of foam, I don't what it is, inside the nozzle is removable?
this foam is actually a filter. It is glued inside and I wouldn't risk taking it off because sony doesn't make it available for sale

Oct 25, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #2,268 of 3,201
this foam is actually a filter. It is glued inside and I wouldn't risk taking it off because sony doesn't make it available for sale
Thanks man, I was asking beacause it seems a bit recessed inside, but don't want to touch it since the sound is ok, I'd probably do some damage

Oct 26, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #2,269 of 3,201
Thanks man, I was asking beacause it seems a bit recessed inside, but don't want to touch it since the sound is ok, I'd probably do some damage

I post on Z1R thread, but should be the same with all sonys, get gentle tweezer, you can pull the foam it will stretch with bottom part will be still connected to the nozzle, pull it gently until the foam is above nozzle level, then just release it and it will form back to original state, or you can use needle also to "uplift" the foam.
Same method if you want to clean the foam from earwax debris.

Oct 26, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #2,270 of 3,201
I post on Z1R thread, but should be the same with all sonys, get gentle tweezer, you can pull the foam it will stretch with bottom part will be still connected to the nozzle, pull it gently until the foam is above nozzle level, then just release it and it will form back to original state, or you can use needle also to "uplift" the foam.
Same method if you want to clean the foam from earwax debris.
Thanks, I took a photo yesterday and it's like this

Attachments

• PXL_20221025_211630213.jpg
    PXL_20221025_211630213.jpg
    919.1 KB · Views: 0
Oct 26, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #2,271 of 3,201
Thanks, I took a photo yesterday and it's like this
It looks like the previous owner has already removed the filters and tried to put them back in place.

Oct 26, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #2,272 of 3,201
It looks like the previous owner has already removed the filters and tried to put them back in place.
are them too recessed?

edit: managed to pull them back with a toothpick, they're ok now :)

Still trying to figure out which are the best tips with these iems!

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #2,273 of 3,201
are them too recessed?

edit: managed to pull them back with a toothpick, they're ok now :)

Still trying to figure out which are the best tips with these iems!
I use the Sony EP NI1000 M. They are my favorites, they don't have the problem of vacuum, they leave the m9 with an excellent soundstage, they are durable and sound like the silicone ones. Unfortunately they are very expensive, but worth it. I got good results with spinfit cp100, bgvp 008 and EPRO horn tips.
Just be careful with the insertion technique so you don't cause a vacuum, which can definitely kill the low frequencies.

Oct 26, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #2,274 of 3,201
I use the Sony EP NI1000 M. They are my favorites, they don't have the problem of vacuum, they leave the m9 with an excellent soundstage, they are durable and sound like the silicone ones. Unfortunately they are very expensive, but worth it. I got good results with spinfit cp100, bgvp 008 and EPRO horn tips.
Just be careful with the insertion technique so you don't cause a vacuum, which can definitely kill the low frequencies.
The epn... are very different from the stock ones(triple comfort)?
I tried so far final e, azla sedna, spinfit cp100 i guess, they came with a campfire set, epro. But I got a bit that vacuum feeling especially in my left ear (I think I've very different ear canal), with azla the more, with final and spinfit less, but maybe is the material the problem.

Oct 26, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #2,275 of 3,201
I tried so far final e, azla sedna, spinfit cp100 i guess, they came with a campfire set, epro. But I got a bit that vacuum feeling especially in my left ear (I think I've very different ear canal), with azla the more, with final and spinfit less, but maybe is the material the problem.
They are closed, thats pretty normal and also heavily influences the sound.

With closer IEM there is almost no way around foam tips like the EP-NI1000, AIRISM, Comply or others.

It also increases the isolation by factor 10 and reduces the reverb of your own body noises in you ear drastically.

Oct 27, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #2,276 of 3,201
They are closed, thats pretty normal and also heavily influences the sound.

With closer IEM there is almost no way around foam tips like the EP-NI1000, AIRISM, Comply or others.

It also increases the isolation by factor 10 and reduces the reverb of your own body noises in you ear drastically.
I've looked for these tips, but found them only at accessory jack, nobody in EU sells these?

Oct 27, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #2,277 of 3,201
I've looked for these tips, but found them only at accessory jack, nobody in EU sells these?
Because I wrote nonsense

The EP-NI1000 are sold out right now as it seems, but the AIR1 are just as good. They don't last as long, but isolate better

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221027-204726.png
    Screenshot_20221027-204726.png
    948.7 KB · Views: 0
Oct 27, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #2,278 of 3,201
Oct 27, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #2,279 of 3,201
Oct 27, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #2,280 of 3,201
It seems to me that you still haven't heard the full potential of the IER M9. This suction effect in the ear greatly affects the final sound of the in ear. That's why the insertion technique is so important. The eartip has to seal the ear canal, but not to the point of having this effect. EPNI1000 does not cause this vacuum effect, seals better and has the sound of silicone eartips. They are considerably more durable than conventional foam eartips, but they are also more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back