Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
Nov 6, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #2,297 of 3,204
PXL_20221106_154613724.jpg

a picture of m9 with the radius, I like them more and more

Nov 7, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #2,298 of 3,204
I have to agree, I did not use the M9 too much and was on the brink of selling them, after trying all the tips I have, including the Radius Deep Mount, I decided to keep them, using the Deep Mount tips
i just bought the deep mount and using it right now. i have to say i really like them.

good fit with size M on my ier z1r. they feel more fixed in comparison to final audio type e in size M.

Nov 7, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #2,299 of 3,204
i just bought the deep mount and using it right now. i have to say i really like them.

good fit with size M on my ier z1r. they feel more fixed in comparison to final audio type e in size M.
The seal is great with those tips, they seem bespoke for sony iems

Nov 7, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #2,300 of 3,204
Nov 7, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #2,301 of 3,204
Nov 7, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #2,303 of 3,204
I tried the black Radius deep mounts & yes they are good but these are better to my ears, wider sound stage with great bass & pleasant treble. Sednaearfit vivid edition.
I bought the vivid together with the radius, but I didn't even tried them. Actually I don't know why I get them since with the sedna my experience is not too good

Nov 8, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #2,307 of 3,204
Ok, even before i have them i am curious about cables. Are the Sony's a true MMCX ? I have several of these in Dunu Noble and Blanche with quick connectors which is so helpful with different sources.
Secondly tip suggestions please.
Tia

Nov 9, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #2,308 of 3,204
Ok, even before i have them i am curious about cables. Are the Sony's a true MMCX ? I have several of these in Dunu Noble and Blanche with quick connectors which is so helpful with different sources.
Tia
I tested the Silver Litz Fiio with my M9's that came with my Fiio FD7's. Connected fine but obviously not as visually designed to blend perfectly as the supplied cable. I think the supplied cable is great anyway.

Nov 9, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #2,309 of 3,204
Tia
Yup. The IER-M9 connection is a true MMCX, however, not every cable is perfect in it just because of the recess. Sony and third-party cables with their own plugs for the M9/M7/Z1R adapt perfectly to the in-ear. I advise you to buy the CEMA model PS cable. I have and I really liked the visual and sound result

Nov 9, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #2,310 of 3,204
Tia
for my little experience with these, the stock cable is very nice and good, but I want to try another one cause sometimes I find the earhooks a bit uncomfortable, but lookin for something that fits the mmcx connectors like the original, not easy, cema is an option, I see plussound have sony connectors as an option, but the brand is really pricey.
Regarding eartips is up to you and to your ears, you have to tip rolling until you find the right ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back