Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
Oct 27, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #2,281 of 3,201
Mine last around 1-2 weeks which is okay for memory foam, especially the way how heavily I use them

Wow that's expensive

https://www.e-earphone.jp/products/detail/1343847/1706/
cheaper, but seems it doesn't allow me to proceed with registration
It seems to me that you still haven't heard the full potential of the IER M9. This suction effect in the ear greatly affects the final sound of the in ear. That's why the insertion technique is so important. The eartip has to seal the ear canal, but not to the point of having this effect. EPNI1000 does not cause this vacuum effect, seals better and has the sound of silicone eartips. They are considerably more durable than conventional foam eartips, but they are also more expensive.
I don't know, maybe, final e are definitely the sylicone tips that give me the vacuum effect less and I prefer the sound to comply even if these have better seal.

Oct 28, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #2,282 of 3,201
cheaper, but seems it doesn't allow me to proceed with registration

I don't know, maybe, final e are definitely the sylicone tips that give me the vacuum effect less and I prefer the sound to comply even if these have better seal.
On my odyssey in search of the perfect eartips for the M9, before trying the EP NI1000, I did an experiment with the spinfit cp100 which had found a better sound, but still gave me the suction effect. So I decided to take a needle and make two small holes in its inner tube (in the part that is not in contact with the headphone mouthpiece) and through these holes I managed to compensate for the negative pressure generated, with excellent results.

Oct 28, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #2,283 of 3,201
On my odyssey in search of the perfect eartips for the M9, before trying the EP NI1000, I did an experiment with the spinfit cp100 which had found a better sound, but still gave me the suction effect. So I decided to take a needle and make two small holes in its inner tube (in the part that is not in contact with the headphone mouthpiece) and through these holes I managed to compensate for the negative pressure generated, with excellent results.
Yeah I've read of this, I can try, but maybe I've figured out why I had that effect, I was trying a deep insertion, but with these iems it's not good, so if I gently apply them the result is very good and the sound is lovely, always using final e, the best for me. And maybe the fault is on the stock cable too, cause those ear hooks are bulky and feel a bit heavier than other cables I have, how's your cema in this regard?

Oct 28, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #2,284 of 3,201
Yeah I've read of this, I can try, but maybe I've figured out why I had that effect, I was trying a deep insertion, but with these iems it's not good, so if I gently apply them the result is very good and the sound is lovely, always using final e, the best for me. And maybe the fault is on the stock cable too, cause those ear hooks are bulky and feel a bit heavier than other cables I have, how's your cema in this regard?
the CEMA PS cables are a little heavier and thicker than the stock IER M9 cables, but the ear hooks feel more comfortable than the stock ones.

Nov 4, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #2,285 of 3,201
Enough with tip rolling, with the final e I had already a good fit, but I ordered these guys from amzn jp and they arrived today, I feel that the fit and seal is even better, no vacuum at all, maybe due to the particular shape, I don't know but I will leave these with the m9, sound is great as well, awesome pairing.
PXL_20221104_215538443.jpg

Nov 4, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #2,286 of 3,201
Enough with tip rolling, with the final e I had already a good fit, but I ordered these guys from amzn jp and they arrived today, I feel that the fit and seal is even better, no vacuum at all, maybe due to the particular shape, I don't know but I will leave these with the m9, sound is great as well, awesome pairing.
Link?

Nov 4, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #2,288 of 3,201
how is the sound?

Nov 4, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #2,289 of 3,201
Radius Deep Mount is good with the M9... i wonder what difference between this and the black ones.

Nov 5, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #2,291 of 3,201
I managed to use the original Sony (Hybrid and Triple Comfort) without any suction using ML for Left and MS for Right, but the Isolation was garbage compared to real foam ones.

I was using the IER-M9 on the plane when i flew to Japan and the volume hovered around 20/120 and 30/120 on low gain (in economy class)

That level of isolation is absolutely impossible with any silicone tip. Being closed and isolate well is one of the main and biggest features with the IER-M9 that just gets lost using silicone tips.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back