Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Oct 25, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #541 of 2,773
I will get back to you on that after I A/B test a couple songs tonight.

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #544 of 2,773
dweaver, when I was listening to the 1Rs I was using it almost exclusively with only 1 particular DAC/Amp. Today I decided to try a different source/amp and something more "beefy" and actually feel the 1R starts to shine more. It's not that it's power hungry headphone 'cos the iPhone can drive it fine however possibly something like the iBasso DX100 or Rx Mk3 seems to have great synergy with the 1Rs.

I may spend more time with various combinations and possibly may update my impressions of the 1Rs.

Let me know your thoughts on trying various DACs and amps.

Oct 25, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #545 of 2,773
Quote:
dweaver, when I was listening to the 1Rs I was using it almost exclusively with only 1 particular DAC/Amp. Today I decided to try a different source/amp and something more "beefy" and actually feel the 1R starts to shine more. It's not that it's power hungry headphone 'cos the iPhone can drive it fine however possibly something like the iBasso DX100 or Rx Mk3 seems to have great synergy with the 1Rs.

I may spend more time with various combinations and possibly may update my impressions of the 1Rs.

Let me know your thoughts on trying various DACs and amps.

Could you please compare the Mad Dogs and MDR-1R?

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #547 of 2,773
Just returned my UE 6000 after picking up a pair of these. So far so good, I quite like them. I picked up the blue tooth version because thats all thats available in my city for the time being, I may end up returning these and picking up the basic version if I can at some point. 

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #548 of 2,773
Quote:
Could you please compare the Mad Dogs and MDR-1R?

Patience....I've read your daily requests. I don't have access to the Mad Dogs that easily. I may or may not be able to get a chance with them again this weekend.

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #549 of 2,773
Quote:

Patience....I've read your daily requests. I don't have access to the Mad Dogs that easily. I may or may not be able to get a chance with them again this weekend.

Oh ok. Thanks.

Oct 26, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #551 of 2,773
I've noticed that the tissue inside the pads (that kind of net)is not perfectly smooth on the surface of the drivers but kinda of loose.is this on your pairs as well? Sorry I'm kinda of perfectionist with my gear :) Btw,is it possible and easy to replace the pads ? I was trying to take them out to check the drivers but they didnt come out (or maybe i was too delicate with them:))

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #553 of 2,773
im itching my hands on buying a pair but sony stores here in our country dont have an idea what is the model lol... so prolly by next year ill buy it lol

or is someone can buy it from me xd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back