Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones
Dec 26, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #1,231 of 1,768
  Hello everyone! I made a page for the MDR-100AAP, they weren't on the catalog of headphones here on Head-Fi. Feel free to make reviews now! Let's get the word out about these special cans! They should be more popular on Head-Fi.  http://www.head-fi.org/products/sony-h-ear-on-mdr-100aap#

Also, look out for my impressions in a few days!

I need to post a review, but right now I'm feeling lazy :p  And I don't wanna do a half-assed job, when I post a review of these it will be as detailed as possible :)

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #1,233 of 1,768
Is there any way there is a cable which could lock into the cans? I took mine to office in my backpack and quite often I managed to detach the cable from it, I don't like this at all! I know its not possible, still asked. If I do this detachment/attachment procedure once every day I wonder how long the socket might last! Damn!

Dec 27, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #1,236 of 1,768
I decided to list my Sony MDR-10R on local Craigslist http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ele/5375824869.html.
Hoping to sell them in order to get a pair of MDR-100AAP instead.
Thinking of going with the Viridian Blue or stick to tried and true Charcoal Black...hmmm.

I've received a $50 Best Buy Gift card this Christmas and would like to use it towards the purchase.

Dec 27, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #1,237 of 1,768
Soo... How do the mdr-100 compare to the TMA-1 from aiaiai?

Also... What would you choose...
mdr-10a for 125 euro
Or
Mdr-100 for 180 euro?

Thanks!

From what i understand, these are both similar to the tma's sound?

Dec 27, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #1,239 of 1,768
Soo... How do the mdr-100 compare to the TMA-1 from aiaiai?

Also... What would you choose...
mdr-10a for 125 euro
Or
Mdr-100 for 180 euro?

Thanks!

From what i understand, these are both similar to the tma's sound?

No.
TMAs are dark as ****. One of the worst purchases I have done... Got rid of those quick. Get them if they are like $50... maybe! It could have been me! But... probably not...

Dec 27, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #1,240 of 1,768
No.
TMAs are dark as ****. One of the worst purchases I have done... Got rid of those quick. Get them if they are like $50... maybe! It could have been me! But... probably not...

That's exactly what i needed to know. Thanx!

Dec 27, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #1,241 of 1,768
  I decided to list my Sony MDR-10R on local Craigslist http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ele/5375824869.html.
Hoping to sell them in order to get a pair of MDR-100AAP instead.
Thinking of going with the Viridian Blue or stick to tried and true Charcoal Black...hmmm.

I've received a $50 Best Buy Gift card this Christmas and would like to use it towards the purchase.

you might want to buy sooner than later as these are on sale right now at least in Canada. Best Buy had them on sale for one day only for $179 and they are currently $199 and that's CAD dollars. So I imagine the US should also have them on sale.

Dec 27, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #1,242 of 1,768
Anyone have these and listen to EDM? I can't seem to find many reviews that touch on this.

My head/ears must be oddly shaped because I have a horrible time finding headphones that fit comfortably. Everyone seems to rave about how comfortable these Sonys are so I'm interested. They seem almost perfect, I'm just concerned that they are too flat and therefore not "fun and exciting" enough for my Deep House music... Some reviews talk about misty mids which sort of turns me off as well.

If anybody could help me out and maybe list a couple of specific tracks that sound nice on these, I would greatly appreciate it. If not I may just go for the M50x (more exciting to listen to?) or much cheaper yet still very well received M-Audio Q40s, which apparently will require some modification to be comfortable.

Dec 27, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #1,243 of 1,768
you might want to buy sooner than later as these are on sale right now at least in Canada. Best Buy had them on sale for one day only for $179 and they are currently $199 and that's CAD dollars. So I imagine the US should also have them on sale.

Thanks for the heads up!
Looks like it's on sale in CA...not US.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-h.ear-on-over-the-ear-headphones-black/4756401.p?id=1219815007741&skuId=4756401

Dec 27, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #1,244 of 1,768
Anyone have these and listen to EDM? I can't seem to find many reviews that touch on this.

My head/ears must be oddly shaped because I have a horrible time finding headphones that fit comfortably. Everyone seems to rave about how comfortable these Sonys are so I'm interested. They seem almost perfect, I'm just concerned that they are too flat and therefore not "fun and exciting" enough for my Deep House music... Some reviews talk about misty mids which sort of turns me off as well.

If anybody could help me out and maybe list a couple of specific tracks that sound nice on these, I would greatly appreciate it. If not I may just go for the M50x (more exciting to listen to?) or much cheaper yet still very well received M-Audio Q40s, which apparently will require some modification to be comfortable.

These aren't anywhere near flat and anyone who says so haven't listened to a headphone that is actually flat. They are perfect for EDM. Big thick bass, good mids, and treble that has enough excitement to not be tiring on the ears. These were tuned for music like EDM and they excel at it.

Which artists do you listen to mainly? I am not familiar with deep house but I do listen to stuff from Armin, hardwell, Anjunabeats/deep label etc etc

Dec 27, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #1,245 of 1,768
These aren't anywhere near flat and anyone who says so haven't listened to a headphone that is actually flat. They are perfect for EDM. Big thick bass, good mids, and treble that has enough excitement to not be tiring on the ears. These were tuned for music like EDM and they excel at it.

Which artists do you listen to mainly? I am not familiar with deep house but I do listen to stuff from Armin, hardwell, Anjunabeats/deep label etc etc

Exactly what I wanted to hear - will place an order for the blue ones tomorrow. Thanks! Looking forward to getting my first decent set of headphones.

I said deep house but I really meant house in general. Shadow Child, Low Steppa, Duke Dumont, Tchami, Armin, EDX... Some of the songs I I have in mind are Untrue by Tchami, Stay by Henry Krinkle, The Giver by Duke Dumont, etc... If you know any of what I'm talking about then you get the idea. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back