SONY D25s PDCP New Old Stock
Dec 9, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #31 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well,

Then this can power my D-25S, and my 12v iBasso D1 (or most of my amps which take 12v like my Meier Headsix 9-12v, or my Headstage Lyrix 12-16v, or my PenguinAmp Caffeine 12-18v, or my SRD-X 12v).

Nice.

Exactly. I was going to put 2 or 3 DC jacks on the case for powering other things just like that. The prototype I have running now played my D25s for 11 hours solid and still had plenty of charge left. I was going to see just how long it would run on the SLA battery but I got tired of waiting for it do run out
smily_headphones1.gif
, so I stopped at 11 and feel that 11 hours with more to spare is going to be pretty good.

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Dec 10, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #32 of 79
Ken,

I received my D25 today. It is a great little player and very handsome. I had one years and years ago but it died on me. It's nice to have another one.

Do you have any kind of ETA on the SLA battery?

Thanks again.

Dec 11, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #33 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken,

I received my D25 today. It is a great little player and very handsome. I had one years and years ago but it died on me. It's nice to have another one.

Do you have any kind of ETA on the SLA battery?

Thanks again.

Hey tjkurta,

I am still ordering parts and looking for the best enclosure so its going to be hard to say. I hope some time next month though.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 19, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #34 of 79
Please keep us posted on the battery. I need one for my D25s.

Dec 20, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #35 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please keep us posted on the battery. I need one for my D25s.

Hey LLF

I am still hamstrung with some other stuff but am working on this now.

Also I do have a PS that will work overseas, so if your wanting a D25s and your outside the USA. Send me a email.

Thanks

Ken

Dec 23, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #37 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Headphoneaddict,

Man sorry to hear about your trouble with that. I had the same thing happen to me when I was looking for batteries for these. This one vendor took my money and never sent them, he later refunded me saying that they could not fill me order.? lame.

Anyways Vinnie is helping me (as usual, I love that guy) with a killer SLA battery power station. I have a enclosure on order and plan to build a prototype asap.

Basically it will be a metal enclosure that will house the battery, have a on off lamp, on off switch, 2 DC jack outputs so not only will it power your D25 but any device (amp) that also might take a 12V. The thinking was to place the D25 on top of this battery box since the enclosure will be slightly larger than the footprint of the D25s. I have built one and was floored by how much better the audio was running off the SLA. Yeah I figured it would be better but it the sound was a lot better than I was expecting.

Ken

Ken,

I acquired the D25S from you a while ago. I really love it for its handsome/solid look and fabulous sound! I have been searching for the batteries to be used with this unit. Please keep me posted on SLA.

Thanks,
Raymond

Dec 24, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #38 of 79
Can anyone tell me how this would compare to the SQ of a Pioneer 563a or 578a dvd player? (both have older Burr Brown DACs) I realize these are not portable devices but I am trying to get a fix on what is good sound and what isn't. If one of these portable players was as good or better than the Pioneer I would buy one. (If there are any still available.) I don't normally listen on the go, but would like the option occasionally.

Dec 24, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #39 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by fallen.angel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken,

I acquired the D25S from you a while ago. I really love it for its handsome/solid look and fabulous sound! I have been searching for the batteries to be used with this unit. Please keep me posted on SLA.

Thanks,
Raymond

Hey Ray,

You bet. When I can get this all done and any sort of number I will post here ad well as get it up on the web site.

Thanks

Ken

Dec 27, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #40 of 79
Anyone have any comments on how the D25s would do as a temporary home source until I save enough money for a nicer CD player? It will more than likely be going through either a Singlepower amp or a Headroom Desktop amp into ATH-AD2000s or HD650s. Thoughts?

Dec 27, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #41 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuffMorgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have any comments on how the D25s would do as a temporary home source until I save enough money for a nicer CD player? It will more than likely be going through either a Singlepower amp or a Headroom Desktop amp into ATH-AD2000s or HD650s. Thoughts?

I think you will enjoy it very much. You may actually like it without an amp!

Dec 27, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #42 of 79
The lineout of the D25 is not the greatest. The Sony's main claim to fame is it's fairly powerful headphone jack, as well as it's terrific looks.

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #43 of 79
sry for this very old bump, but its on topic to the thread, please see here for my wall charger/power lead woes.

any help from anyone in the know appreciated.

i like a few posters here, had nightmare trying to get hold of the BP-2x batterym i ordered it 4 times from UK based battery firms, didnt hear anything for a few weeks from all of them, then when i contacted them, they said out of stock.

so i ended up ordering it off ebay.de site, where he says it has shipped, so will hopefully have the battery sorted out, but nothing to charge/power this beast

frown.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #44 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sry for this very old bump, but its on topic to the thread, please see here for my wall charger/power lead woes.

any help from anyone in the know appreciated.

i like a few posters here, had nightmare trying to get hold of the BP-2x batterym i ordered it 4 times from UK based battery firms, didnt hear anything for a few weeks from all of them, then when i contacted them, they said out of stock.

so i ended up ordering it off ebay.de site, where he says it has shipped, so will hopefully have the battery sorted out, but nothing to charge/power this beast

frown.gif

You can buy a 12V PS with the 5.5mm x 2.1mm DC jack - cut the cable and invert the wires, which will of course make the outer pole + and the inner -.

For the battery google

"sony BP 2x replacement battery"

I am still working my way through the development of a off the grid power battery for the D25s that will of course also power other devices at the same time. This unit will run the D25s for a day or so before you have to recharge it. But the main advantage is the significant sonic improvements.

Kb

Feb 20, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #45 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can buy a 12V PS with the 5.5mm x 2.1mm DC jack - cut the cable and invert the wires, which will of course make the outer pole + and the inner -.

For the battery google

"sony BP 2x replacement battery"

I am still working my way through the development of a off the grid power battery for the D25s that will of course also power other devices at the same time. This unit will run the D25s for a day or so before you have to recharge it. But the main advantage is the significant sonic improvements.

Kb

the battery is sorted. sourced.

the power supply is sorted as of today, i hope. maplin electrionics came to the rescue and were very helpful.

just have to wait and see if it works when it arrives.

perhaps, just post a visible message here once something has been finalized, so people who bought one from you can buy one if they wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back