SONY D25s PDCP New Old Stock
Nov 26, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #16 of 79
Like Purk, I also have quite a few vintage PCDPs including two D25s with original box and all papers which I had purchased shortly after word had gotten out that Silicon Salvage had a few instock. Currently, one of my D25s is stock and the other received toro_bull mods. I still do enjoy listening to the both of them as much as my ipod.

Nov 26, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #18 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably not. Most of the older PCDPs PSU were very region specifics.

Yes. I remember those as well. The seller was "Silicon Salvage" I think. Another older PCDP that deserve a lot of recommendation is the Sony D-303. IMO, the D303 has the best line out of any PCDPs I've tried. The D-303 line out is even better than the D-25s. Sadly that the D-303's transport is very faulty and prone to skipping.

Yeah, my D-303 sits on my bedside table on it's "SIDE" so it will play without skipping. I am using the optical out to iBasso D1 DAC instead of headphone out.

Then I have the D-EJ2000 and D-NE20 for optical out portable, the D-25s was supposed to be for portable headphone out but I never bought a battery, and two D-5 for headphone or line out with no battery pack, and two D121 that sound good portable on battery but skip if you breath on them.

Nov 28, 2007 at 10:00 AM Post #19 of 79
I own one of these and it must be one of the best PCDP I have ever heard. It curretly does dutty as my part of my office set up. Worth every penny IMHO.

Dec 2, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #21 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilofLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the power supply support 220-240VAC?

I’d like to know that too-or if you can provide one for 220-240VAC.I wonder though, can the player charge the Li ON battery well?The original BP2EX was a 4V lead-acid if I remember correctly and I’m a bit worried about using a charger designed for lead-acid with a Li ON battery.Or its better to buy a separate charger (the ones for charging Sony camcorder batteries) for the BP2EX? (but i dunno where you can get such a charger)
I’d definitely buy one of your D25s but only if I’m sure that I can use it with a battery effortlessly

Dec 2, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #22 of 79
I have two of D25S's. One next to the bed and one at the office. The D25 has such a great, quality feel about it. It's just nice and solid. They sound great paired with a PRII.

As far as mods go, the only one I've done is the "electrical tape on the inside of the window" mod. Worked like a charm!

Dec 2, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #24 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilofLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the power supply support 220-240VAC?

I am working on getting a switching PS that will work with the D25s overseas, it will require you to get a IEC cord with your respective prongs but these should be easy to get where you are.

I am also working on a SLA power unit that will run the D25 for a day or 2 continuous, also will work on 220V with the correct charger.

kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Dec 3, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #25 of 79
I have to say that the D25(S) is one of the best [visually] engineered units ever made... even nearly 20 years on, it still has the looks
biggrin.gif

I also remember from way back when, when I had one myself, that (as a previous poster mentioned) the D25S sings best with high impedance 'phones...

Gratz to all who pick up one of these players - definitely a timeless classic
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #26 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by eduj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone knows where a BP2EX lion charger can be found?
edit:found this one
Sony Bp2ex Ac/dc digital camera/camcorder charger

I think the original battery from Sony has been long discontinued.

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #27 of 79
There were a ton of batteries on sale on ebay for a while.

I checked my BP-2x battery and found it wont take ANY charge. So, I ordered TWO on 11/21 and the order was canceled the next day when they ran out. I got a little pissed because they filed a non-paying bidder claim the following day, TWO days BEFORE they refunded my money, so they could get out of ebay fees. I had to agree to a mutual withdrawel from the sale to avoid a black mark, because I didn't complain about them first for not shipping.

Then I ordered a more expensive one, got notice it shipped the 27th, and it was canceled on 12/1 for being out of stock, with the refund being the way that I discovered it was canceled.

So, Ken, put me on your list for 1-2 batteries please...

Dec 3, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #28 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There were a ton of batteries on sale on ebay for a while.

I checked my BP-2x battery and found it wont take ANY charge. So, I ordered TWO on 11/21 and the order was canceled the next day when they ran out. I got a little pissed because they filed a non-paying bidder claim the following day, TWO days BEFORE they refunded my money, so they could get out of ebay fees. I had to agree to a mutual withdrawel from the sale to avoid a black mark, because I didn't complain about them first for not shipping.

Then I ordered a more expensive one, got notice it shipped the 27th, and it was canceled on 12/1 for being out of stock, with the refund being the way that I discovered it was canceled.

So, Ken, put me on your list for 1-2 batteries please...

Hi Headphoneaddict,

Man sorry to hear about your trouble with that. I had the same thing happen to me when I was looking for batteries for these. This one vendor took my money and never sent them, he later refunded me saying that they could not fill me order.? lame.

Anyways Vinnie is helping me (as usual, I love that guy) with a killer SLA battery power station. I have a enclosure on order and plan to build a prototype asap.

Basically it will be a metal enclosure that will house the battery, have a on off lamp, on off switch, 2 DC jack outputs so not only will it power your D25 but any device (amp) that also might take a 12V. The thinking was to place the D25 on top of this battery box since the enclosure will be slightly larger than the footprint of the D25s. I have built one and was floored by how much better the audio was running off the SLA. Yeah I figured it would be better but it the sound was a lot better than I was expecting.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Dec 8, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #30 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Headphoneaddict,

Man sorry to hear about your trouble with that. I had the same thing happen to me when I was looking for batteries for these. This one vendor took my money and never sent them, he later refunded me saying that they could not fill me order.? lame.

Anyways Vinnie is helping me (as usual, I love that guy) with a killer SLA battery power station. I have a enclosure on order and plan to build a prototype asap.

Basically it will be a metal enclosure that will house the battery, have a on off lamp, on off switch, 2 DC jack outputs so not only will it power your D25 but any device (amp) that also might take a 12V. The thinking was to place the D25 on top of this battery box since the enclosure will be slightly larger than the footprint of the D25s. I have built one and was floored by how much better the audio was running off the SLA. Yeah I figured it would be better but it the sound was a lot better than I was expecting.

Ken

Well,

Then this can power my D-25S, and my 12v iBasso D1 (or most of my amps which take 12v like my Meier Headsix 9-12v, or my Headstage Lyrix 12-16v, or my PenguinAmp Caffeine 12-18v, or my SRD-X 12v).

Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back