Sony CD3000 Thread
Mar 25, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #121 of 451
Just got the CD 3000 today. Make a very solid impression. . I do wonder is there some impedance charts for it available. 32 ohm at 1 khz but it may go lower then that sometimes?. I am running it out of my Head One and sound superb except it sounds a bit soft and not to dynamic. 30 ohm is the lowest ohm setting it runs at so wonder if that may be it. Also wonder if there is a way or a mod to tighten the headband to get some clamping force? It fit a bit loose.

Mar 26, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #124 of 451
Headband Assembly for the CD3000

http://www.partstore.com/SearchResults.aspx?q=MDRCD3000

$131.95

well, I got mine from AudioCubes at the time, but their service and delivery time were shocking. It tooks 3 weeks of emailing to get the bloody thing sent out and a month to arrive. nice link though - hey look they have affordable sony earpads :D (30 per side :D )

Mar 26, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #125 of 451
How much difference in clamping force does it make? And how long until it needs replacing again? 

Mar 26, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #126 of 451
How much difference in clamping force does it make? And how long until it needs replacing again? 

ask him , he now has my pair and was the one to actually replace the headband I sourced. I just assumed it would clamp tighter, since there is more resistance from the less stretched suspended strip

Apr 1, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #127 of 451
Thanks. Asked him and it appears it doesn´t make much of a difference. It does isolate some anyway. But aside from that wow am I happy I tried these. Superb allrounders they do really compete heavilly with my KeeS modded Pro 900 in this regard. They just works with all kind of music and don´t have nagging issues like LCD-2 and ED 8 regarding soundstage, comfort. SQ of these are better though. CD 3K are on the limit of being bright at times but on my tube amp it´s generally okay and never a problem if  I remember to keep the volume level down. They do still have bass. They do great with low volume listening as well another thing in common with the Pro 900.

SS is wide and deep. Would hope for a more forward projected soundstage ala the 900 but it does work well with movies, games and binaural recordings once you get used to the backwards shifting soundstage. Width is more DX 1000 like then Pro 900 like.. Mid range has similar capablities of getting me to feel a wide range of emotions like the Pro 900 and is really good quite a bit better then the W1000x and DX 1000 for example with real life as reference. Not quite as detailed as the LCD-2 but well on par with the Pro 900 I feel with a more prominent mid range. I hardly feel I am missing anything when listening to them except for a bit of dynamics perhaps. The attack of notes for percussion, piano, cymbals etc still feels a bit soft.

May 3, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #128 of 451
Hi, I think I need a driver for my CD3k. It 's failed. Who can help me fix or replace it?

May 3, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #129 of 451

Quote:
nice link though - hey look they have affordable sony earpads
biggrin.gif
(30 per side
biggrin.gif
)

That was exactly my thought, too! 
biggrin.gif
 Has anyone ordered them already at that shop? I remember some shops which listed pads but actually hadn't them.

May 3, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #132 of 451
AFAIK no online retailer or parts supplier has the CD3k earpads in stock anymore. Hopefully J$ can or would be willing to produce a replacement for it. Buying thru YJP would be a costly adventure especially if you have to go thru a bidding service to completet the transaction. You would have to pay for the commission fees, shipping charge from the seller to the bidding service's headquarters, and finally shipping charge from the bidding service headquarters to your home. If you add up all the fees plus the price for the item itself, it could very well cost you more than double what it would have been when you could get them online when they were available.

May 3, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #133 of 451

Quote:
AFAIK no online retailer or parts supplier has the CD3k earpads in stock anymore. Hopefully J$ can or would be willing to produce a replacement for it. Buying thru YJP would be a costly adventure especially if you have to go thru a bidding service to completet the transaction. You would have to pay for the commission fees, shipping charge from the seller to the bidding service's headquarters, and finally shipping charge from the bidding service headquarters to your home. If you add up all the fees plus the price for the item itself, it could very well cost you more than double what it would have been when you could get them online when they were available.

It is, trust me! I won that YJP-auction and can't tell if I should smile or cry. I call them Unicorn-Pads now. 
biggrin.gif
 But I will get back to you soon with a solution! 
wink.gif

May 6, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #134 of 451
Hi. Due to one of the drivers in my CD3000 not working any longer I'm looking for 1 (or 2) new or used and in very good condition driver(s) for the CD3000 or the CD1000 (Sony part # 1-505-132-11). If you happen to have a spare one (or two) please contact me via pm. Thanks!

May 9, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #135 of 451

Users who are viewing this thread

Back