Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Oct 28, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #856 of 2,541
It is not that easy to recable this iem. I have ordered cable from Ali. But I could resist myself. So I used my **** cable. First it is not easy to insert the cable through the strain relief. I had to strip the outer layer and then insert the cable. Then I have not done soldering for a long time. So it is very tricky. I had to solder and desolder so many times. And then the shell would not seal beacause there is not enough space inside. I thought there will be some problem. But finally I did it. And it sounds fine. I think it is a very good iem for the price.
Which cable did you used? Look nice :3

Oct 28, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #857 of 2,541
Which cable did you used? Look nice :3

I think he cut the connectors off one of the cables that came with the 4 in 1 IEM.

It looks similar to these but of course the wires inside could be different.

We have used these.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33005858099.html

We have used the white option of these with an earbud... they are very nice. We also have the red ones ready for a future project.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32969884701.html

Notice that the discount on 11:11 is only a few pennies so no need to wait.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #859 of 2,541
Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #861 of 2,541
Seller just refunded purchase, so at least I'm not out anything. I still don't have a white MH750, but...

Popped the black MH750's apart today. Driver looks a little different than my MH755's, has two solder dots, but not as large as the MH755's. Also no red dot for line indication. Mesh over driver vent is centered and didn't look quite as large as the one in the MH755's. Driver is glued/sealed to the shell, though, and there is normal sized whitish nozzle foam under the black nozzle mesh.

Initial sound impressions are that the bass isn't quite as strong as the stock MH755's I got were, however seems more balanced across the entire range with clear mids and upper treble with no sibilance. Soundstage doesn't seem quite as wide or spacious, but I have only had them playing for about an hour, while my MH755's have about 140 hours on them.

Nov 6, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #862 of 2,541
Hi. So recently i got my hand on both colours of the MH750 which were from the same local seller (claimed both are genuine and out of the box), have different type numbers also (seller claimed they were from different batches). I haven't popped the shells to check on the drivers yet since i'm still under buyer protection duration but pretty sure both are the real deal tho. I already ordered a MH755 pair from kanoya on ebay for comparison since plenty of the feedbacks i saw sold it for me. Couple of pictures as follows:
Both side by side (pardon the dirt and mess):
b8bf394f4e.jpg

Tag on the white one:
d7a9f35327.jpg

Black one:
14f37e1032.jpg

Nozzle mesh:
a35946ab67.jpg

824af42db2.jpg

I noticed when i plugged in the black pairs to my Redmi note 7 pro with PowerAmp HD output the sample format got tuned down to 16 bit while the white ones maintained 24. Anyone have a fake pairs and an android phone can you check them for me? Pff i was stupid. The plug didn't go all the way in and somehow the phone just got confused and pushed the speaker profile instead of proper one. Explained all the muddy things.

I also don't know if they are defective or not, since listening to some musics like this track make them making noises like folding tin foils (especially around 0:47). Both of them have this same problem. Everything else is perfect tho

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #865 of 2,541
First I bought MH755 on AliExpress, they looked like geniue, but they didn't have any bass at all and I killed them while trying recabling it (because tryed remove some glue). Then I bought a black MH750 in one local store, the sound was horrible and each channel played differently. I wanted to give up, but then someone gave here a link to eBay seller rwtf3024 who sold MH755 for $ 2.5 with promo code. This time I was lucky in the sony lottery! He sent me white with orange eartips as I ordered. Immediately I can hear the difference from those from the AE, on this pair the bass is sufficient, nice and just right for me, mids and highs play just as well on both. It really sounds very good and now I understand why they are so popular. They probably don't have competition at price of around $ 10, for some genres with acoustic instruments maybe even more. Yes, sound is little bit simply in detail, but well balanced. At a price of about $ 15, it is possible to buy quite good hybrids today (IM2, ZSN Pro, **** ...), which may not sound correctly, but more interesting and fun for modern music and the quality of their production is more less stable, so everyone usually knows what they get unlike MH75x :frowning2:
Only one thing I do not understand. When I compared the MH755 graphs from AE and eBay, they look exactly the same! One of them has bass more than sufficient and the other (from AE) almost without bass and sounds very boring. I know that I don't have good measuring equipment, but I pick up the FR with a microphone directly from the nozzles so it can't be affected by the used eartips. Strange, it is the same story as in the case of replacing a stock cable with a silver plated on TRN IEM's, it is not visible on the graph, but my ears perceive it.

Nov 9, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #867 of 2,541
Nov 10, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #868 of 2,541
I’ve posted before about the inconsistent size of the foam in the MH755 nozzles before.

Here’s a perfect example:

D109AB90-33F4-4ADC-9591-8033DE0C080B.jpeg

It’s hard to tell from the photo, but the left most piece is noticeably larger than the middle piece. And yes, that one on the far right was literally just a ‘crumbled flake’ of foam. It didn’t tear when I removed it. It was sitting in the nozzle like that.

These pairs had a noticeable difference in sound from L to R sides and from pair to pair.

Both 100% genuine, both sealed, and both factory fresh.

Once I removed the foam, both sides of both pairs all sound the same now.

I don’t expect much from a $6 pair of mass produced earphones. But it at least goes to show why at a minimum I do a basic disassembly and inspection of every pair I receive, correct any defects, and match up pairs whenever required.

This is easy to do before recabling, as once the stock cables are removed, there is no true L or R per se. They’re all identical, so they can be matched up in pairs (if required) before recabling or adding mmcx jacks.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #869 of 2,541
20191112_004240.jpg
Finished my first mmcx mod. No glue no nothing just rebore the hole and twist the mmcx thread until it tights. Not sure what changes in the frequency range since I'm having flu ATM so my ears stuffed a bit. AB with my other pair (recable) and they don't sound much different.

I'm interested in making the inside roomier since I read they reduce the bass.

Maybe when my ears got better I d like to play with inside filter foam too.

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #870 of 2,541
I was curious about the MH755 a few weeks ago, so I got a pair. I liked them so much, I ordered another one with an MMCX mod. I can't believe I like these so much better than all my other IEMs, including the Etymotic ER2SE and Meze 12 Classics, even though they cost so little. And they respond incredibly well to EQ, which makes them even better. I'll have to compare these to the $250 (Mass)drop JVC HA-FDX1 when they eventually arrive in December, but for now these are my go to IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back