Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Oct 21, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #826 of 2,543
Nah, don’t go by the sharpie marks. I already detailed like 7-8 surefire ways to verify genuines.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...5-mh1c-ex300-etc.900005/page-55#post-15253987

I wouldn’t make things more complicated (like with sharpie marks), because that’s way too unpredictable. Just stick to the known, proven methods and you’ll be fine.

From the 8 checklists you mention, all of them except the shirt clip seem to be matching with the 2 pairs of 755s i have

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #827 of 2,543
From the 8 checklists you mention, all of them except the shirt clip seem to be matching with the 2 pairs of 755s i have

The shirt clip is only the MH750. No shirt clip with the MH755.

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #828 of 2,543

Glad you said that... I was starting to wonder where all my shirt clips are :) Of course I do have a bucket full from other iems and earbuds. I have never used one and have probably thrown a few away.

Oct 22, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #829 of 2,543
Glad you said that... I was starting to wonder where all my shirt clips are :) Of course I do have a bucket full from other iems and earbuds. I have never used one and have probably thrown a few away.

It does seem to be something of a rarity nowadays. It seemed like lots of earphones used to come with shirt clips. I guess it’s being omitted more and more as a cost saving step. Either that, or manufacturers assume people are wearing shirts less nowadays lol

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #830 of 2,543
I wouldn't be bothered too much (maybe just a little), even if it had a shirt clip along with it and i didn't get it. As long as your ears tell you they are happy with what's inside them. Hearing is the best way to decide authenticity i guess.

But of course it is rather reassuring that my set of mh755 pass your checklist. Thank you for accumulating all that useful information,so we may rest a little better at night.

Oct 22, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #831 of 2,543
Code isn't working for me...

Edit: messaged the seller. He/she stated that there are no coupon codes. Guess you got lucky.
Few friends said the same thing, I guess the coupon was direct from ebay (haven't been shopping there for some time, maybe the have some "motivation" strategy). Btw, I was able to see the coupon even when not logged in ebay (private browsing session in the browser).
Sorry for the late answer.

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #832 of 2,543
Got my MH750 in today from ebay seller rwtf3024. I ordered the white and clear tips and got the black one... I specifically ordered the white to have a greater chance of getting a legit one, but we'll see what they say. Will have to test these to see if the black ones are legit or not.

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #833 of 2,543
Few friends said the same thing, I guess the coupon was direct from ebay (haven't been shopping there for some time, maybe the have some "motivation" strategy). Btw, I was able to see the coupon even when not logged in ebay (private browsing session in the browser).
Sorry for the late answer.
No problem. I went ahead and used most of my paycheck and paid the $8 :smile:. Got them from the rwtf dude. Only thing available at the time was white with orange tips (at least that's what the picture showed). The color selection just stated "orange'. Hopefully, they won't show up as black like @RevPizzaguy.

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #834 of 2,543
Got my MH750 in today from ebay seller rwtf3024. I ordered the white and clear tips and got the black one... I specifically ordered the white to have a greater chance of getting a legit one, but we'll see what they say. Will have to test these to see if the black ones are legit or not.
Hmm my white mh750 order was delivered today.. surprise surprise it also turned out to be the black one.. what are the sellers doing to us? Seems a bit dodgy. I think it's genuine though, sounds like the mh755 but with boomier bass, upper mids and treble sound identical to my ears

Oct 23, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #835 of 2,543
Got a message from the seller

"Oh, I'm so sorry that I sent you the wrong color."

Nothing more. Nothing about correcting the mistake or offering to replace with the correct item. Unless I hear more, definitely recommending staying away from this seller.

Oct 23, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #836 of 2,543
Got a message from the seller

"Oh, I'm so sorry that I sent you the wrong color."

Nothing more. Nothing about correcting the mistake or offering to replace with the correct item. Unless I hear more, definitely recommending staying away from this seller.

Just message back that you would like him to send the correct one. If he wants you to return the other ask for a prepaid label.

Oct 23, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #839 of 2,543
Just message back that you would like him to send the correct one. If he wants you to return the other ask for a prepaid label.
Yep, I asked if they can correct the mistake. Will let you know if they will just send the correct one or a prepaid label to send the wrong one back.

Edit: Looks like they won't just send the correct one or a prepaid label. They want me to apply for a refund and then repurchase.

"You apply for a full refund to go ahead and repurchase"

Seeing how another headfi member also received the black set when they ordered a white, repurchasing doesn't inspire confidence...

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #840 of 2,543
Yep, I asked if they can correct the mistake. Will let you know if they will just send the correct one or a prepaid label to send the wrong one back.

Edit: Looks like they won't just send the correct one or a prepaid label. They want me to apply for a refund and then repurchase.

"You apply for a full refund to go ahead and repurchase"

Seeing how another headfi member also received the black set when they ordered a white, repurchasing doesn't inspire confidence...

Yeah, something sounds a little fishy with that. There’s so many fakes out there (especially black), I would be highly skeptical if a seller was pushing blacks on people who order white.

Of course, it could have also just been an honest mistake. You just never know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back